The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mercury MerCruiser (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/)
-   -   problem with Mercruiser 5.0 MPI (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/7099-problem-mercruiser-5-0-mpi.html)

TomasSE 07-03-2012 11:47 PM

problem with Mercruiser 5.0 MPI

On Saturday Mercruiser engine started to show non-standard behavior. I drove about 1 km, I knocked on the neutral, himself a dead engine. Again I started the engine was idling 400 rpm and irregular operation, alarm whistles. The temperature of the fine, fine lubrication, oil in bravo fine.
I found if I turn the key to the ON position the fuel pump runs all the time. (before the glitch pump shut off after 2 seconds after releasing ON).
Otherwise, the engine runs normally, full throttle in order.
Alarm beeps constantly.
Does anyone know what could it be?
Thank you. : (

mikeyt 07-04-2012 01:02 AM

Re: problem with Mercruiser 5.0 MPI

Alarm issues are quite common Tomas. Have a look through this thread for answers.

TomasSE 07-04-2012 08:43 AM

Yes I know that these issues are common. But I do not know why the fuel pump runs continuously (in the ON position), it is a safe mode?
How do I reset the ECM unit 555 48 0708?

mikeyt 07-04-2012 12:56 PM

Sigh.... i completely missed the fuel pump issue. :(

Normally when the fuel pump is stuck on your fuel pump relay is stuck on, Try tapping/hitting on the relays a little to see if the pump will turn off with key on. You may need a new relay, The relays are on top of the engine.

TomasSE 07-04-2012 04:01 PM

Yes there are 3 relays. I tried to measure, and they are fine, I also exchanged between relay. And still the same problem. It is a safe mode of ECM?
Can I reset the ECM 555 0708 unit without a computer?

mikeyt 07-04-2012 06:33 PM

You need a scan tool to read & reset the ECM.

TomasSE 07-04-2012 07:01 PM

Can you please send me a web link where I buy scan tool and what model? Thank you,

mikeyt 07-04-2012 07:55 PM

The Rinda tool is the only one i know of but i'm sure there are others. Here's a link but you might want to look around cuz its not cheap. You would probably be better off finding a local Marine mechanic & let him attach his scanner to your motor & diagnose the problem. If you decide to DIY you will likely also need a service manual for the 555 ECM.

TomasSE 07-10-2012 08:48 PM

I want to buy a Mercruiser Scan Tool product from the manufacturer Rinda technologies. I wrote an email ([email protected]), but I still do not have a response from the Rinda.
Can you tell me where I can buy products Rinda?

mikeyt 07-10-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomasSE (Post 37491)
I want to buy a Mercruiser Scan Tool product from the manufacturer Rinda technologies. I wrote an email ([email protected]), but I still do not have a response from the Rinda.
Can you tell me where I can buy products Rinda?

Sorry Tomas but buying direct from Rinda or finding one on eBay is the only source i know of.