The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mercury MerCruiser (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/)
-   -   Instructions on how to replace risers and manifolds (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/5639-instructions-how-replace-risers-manifolds.html)

rajjneef 06-21-2011 12:05 AM

Re: Instructions on how to replace risers and manifolds

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkcalling (Post 29999)
Y eah slap a 502 in her and away you go;).

Or since it's a small block already in there slap in a 383 stroker for 400hp small block power. It will bolt right up.

csterner 06-21-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajjneef (Post 30005)
Or since it's a small block already in there slap in a 383 stroker for 400hp small block power. It will bolt right up.

Can you sell me one for $1,000? :wink_thumbup: Ha Ha just kidding. But if I change the motor, that will also change my diverters angle! hhmmm, so instead of dropping a grand into new manifolds and risers and then not being able to buy my exhaust diverters, I am now thinking about just replacing the engine. Damn, if I only had $5,000 right now!

Zackattack 06-21-2011 12:48 AM

Glad to hear your gonna do the captains call exhaust!!!!

darkcalling 06-21-2011 01:01 AM

Hmm I know of a guy with a boat with a 400 hp small block... oh yeah I sold it to him I think it only cost me about 3.5k to build if I remember correctly.

csterner 06-21-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zackattack (Post 30011)
Glad to hear your gonna do the captains call exhaust!!!!

Hell yes! Actually, I will be just reinstalling the system. The original owner removed the diverters. But now that might have to wait because after removal of my risers, I see I have a few issues to fix first.

csterner 06-21-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkcalling (Post 30012)
Hmm I know of a guy with a boat with a 400 hp small block... oh yeah I sold it to him I think it only cost me about 3.5k to build if I remember correctly.

Damn you Darkcalling! Now you got me thinking about replacing my whole engine! I mean, I do have to drop $1,000 in her just for risers and manifolds and then however much that backflow preventer costs. Plus I do have a small oil leak somewhere. And I have seen those marine 383's online for $2,900 rebuilt. Guess my Bimini will have to wait. :wink_thumbup:

darkcalling 06-21-2011 01:41 AM

That's the way!!! I told the wife the it was cheaper for me to build my new one then find new heads got and early frost the one year mid sept. darn it ;) Told her I would just make the same one I ran in my last '70 Nova... oh did I mention it would lift the front tire on launch lol the boat just rocked too