The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Mariah seats (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/931-mariah-seats.html)

azboatman 04-03-2008 07:22 AM

Mariah seats

Anyone know where to find replacement seats?.........I have a 1999 Shabah 182, need a new captain seat. Also does anyone have any info on some trailer roller guides?....still trying to trailer my boat in one shot....taking some practice.

WetWilly 04-03-2008 10:02 AM

Here are a few places you could try for the roller guides...

Eastern Marine Trailer Parts SuperStore: Click here

or

Boaters World: Click here

or

West Marine: Click here

or

The Trailer Parts Depot: Cick here

As for your seat, what style is it, can it be re-upholstered or is it beyond hope? If it that far gone you may need to watch eBay for a replacement. Hopefully, one of our members may had some info..

WetWilly

mikeyt 04-03-2008 11:52 AM

I just had mine re-covered with the same material & matching "Artic White" colour and they did a great job. Even handstitched in the Mariah name for me just like the original. I'll have to take a couple of pics & post them when i have a moment.

As for sourcing entire seats.......occasionally they come up on E-bay but not very often.

azboatman 04-03-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 5284)
Here are a few places you could try for the roller guides...

Eastern Marine Trailer Parts SuperStore: Click here

or

Boaters World: Click here

or

West Marine: Click here

or

The Trailer Parts Depot: Cick here

As for your seat, what style is it, can it be re-upholstered or is it beyond hope? If it that far gone you may need to watch eBay for a replacement. Hopefully, one of our members may had some info..

WetWilly

The seat foam is already destroyed in the ripped area.......and the fiberglass backing is busted. But I will check out the sites you sent for the guides......Thx.

Mark 04-03-2008 04:50 PM

Hi az
Do you have any manuals or any materials on your boat?

WetWilly 04-03-2008 08:17 PM

Hi azboatman,

Have you considered having the fiberglass section of your seat repaired or rebuilt? Any boat repair facility experienced in fiberglass hull repair or a good body shop that's worked on Corvettes should be able to do it.

As for the foam, any upholstery shop can hook you up with replacement filler, we even have "Foam" shops out here and that’s all they sell, all different kinds of foam,

Just a thought,
WetWilly

azboatman 04-04-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 5301)
Hi az
Do you have any manuals or any materials on your boat?

No I do not have any manuals for my boat and I really need to get ahold of some.

azboatman 04-04-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 5312)
Hi azboatman,

Have you considered having the fiberglass section of your seat repaired or rebuilt? Any boat repair facility experienced in fiberglass hull repair or a good body shop that's worked on Corvettes should be able to do it.

As for the foam, any upholstery shop can hook you up with replacement filler, we even have "Foam" shops out here and that’s all they sell, all different kinds of foam,

Just a thought,
WetWilly

No I did not realize that, but thats why you are the "Yoda" of these forums....you are the man with the info. I will check it out.........Thanks WetWilly.

mikeyt 04-04-2008 03:27 AM

Willy's on to something there. I know the place here that re-upholstered my driver's seat said they could replace the foam with the exact same stuff if i wanted but mine was still in very good condition. And yes, a body shop experienced in fibreglass repairs should be able to do a 'bang-up job' on that seat back as well as re-install that Mariah shield back there.

That process would likely be faster than sourcing a replacement Mariah seat although it might be slightly more expensive.

WetWilly 04-29-2008 06:45 AM

Hi azboatman,

Just doing a follow-up, I was wondering how your seat repair was coming along.

WetWilly