Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

WTB: 1996 Mariah Shabah 180br Boat cover

Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted

Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #1

rhinoz is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 6

Send rhinoz:
a Private Message

Default WTB: 1996 Mariah Shabah 180br Boat cover

Looking for a boat cover that won't cost me a weeks wages!

Color unimportant as the rain doesn't care so neither do I

Used is always good if it's in great shape

Thanks
  • Old 05-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #2

nglauer is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 2001
    My Model: 180 Diablo
    My Engine: 3.0L Alpha one
    Gallery Images: 0

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

Default Re: WTB: 1996 Mariah Shabah 180br Boat cover

Our cover still looked solid, but it was starting to look dingy and leak. I took it to a shop that specialized in boat covers and they told me they could replace some straps, clean it top to bottom and waterproof it. They said it was very solid (factory Mariah cover) and very much worth saving. While there I also had them install the vent style caps for my poles and do some reinforcements - all for a total of $185.00 dollars. I picked it up and brought it home to the boat (2 hours away) only to find out that it leaked something awful - even though it looked much better. I called and asked them about the waterproofing and they told me they couldn't do anything, that it leaked because my cover was shot! I ran to Cabela's and picked up a few bottles of the 303 Aerospace Waterproofing and it's now fairly leak proof.. but as extra insurance I also bought one of these...

Billboard Tarps, Tarps, Discount Tarps, Used Billboard Vinyl, Hay Tarps, Pond Liners -- Billboard Tarp Warehouse | Welcome

It's not really a cover, but I complete understand how you feel. I figured this would give me the extra protection my boat needs during the winter.. plus they are really heavy duty. I ordered mine from Zeke and couldn't be happier. Granted.. mine is black on one side and has an advertisement for a lawyer on the other.... but i'm pretty sure my boat doesn't care as long as i'm keeping her dry

Good luck on the quest to find a cover, I was quoted $800.00 at the same boat cover shop to make one... $650-1000.00 at the local marina.. and under $200.00 from walmart (which is what I almost bought). If you could find a factory take off from another boat that fit.. that would probably be the best route price wise. I was always afraid to pull the trigger on a used ebay cover like this, however i'm not beyond giving it a try in the future. Heck, most boats are shaped the same.. right? lol
    Old 05-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #3

rhinoz is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 6

Send rhinoz:
    a Private Message

I was even thinking something like this as I'm going to store the boat in my barn. At least it'll keep the bat crap and bird droppings off!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products

Question I have is if the boat has a 92" beam and they say add 9" either side for windshield etc, that makes it 110" beam tarp....and they don't list one, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Last edited by rhinoz; 05-28-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #4

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

You could always check out this vendor from our Parts/Vendors list since he is a member here:

RNR-Marine, Incorporated
    636-G Long Point Road, Box 39
    Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
    RNR-Marine™ | Factory Original-Equipment Boat Canvas, Covers, Cushions and T-Topless™, Shadow® and Flats-Top Folding T-Tops"
    email: [email protected]
    We now have "Exact-Fit" after-market boat covers for the "Original" (pre-2002, pre-Sea-Fox) Mariah boats (Z-series, Barchetta,
    Davanti, Diablo, MX, Shabah, Talari, etc.) starting around $335 (Sharkskin-Plus) or upgrade to Sharkskin-Supreme or top of the line Sunbrella.
    We do NOT have these covers indexed on our site (yet), so email us for options/pricing! Get free shipping by mentioning "MariahOwnersClub.com
    Old 05-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #5

RNR-Marine is currently offline

Send RNR-Marine:
    a Private Message

Shabah 180 Bow-Rider Boat-Cover: $255 to $367, depending on fabric ...
    Purchase RNR-Marine.com™ MARIAH SHABAH 180 BOWRIDER I/O Boat-Cover EF (p/n: Boat-Cover-EF)

All Mariah Exact-Fit Boat Covers: RNR-Marine.com/Mariah.shtml#Boat-Cover-EF

We have the Factory OEM Mooring Covers for 2002+ Mariahs: Mariah® Boats | Factory Original-Equipment (OEM) Canvas and Covers

Free Shipping for MariahOwnersClub.com Members!
    Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #6

Find me on the Map

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

RNR-Marine, can you tell me if the tops and various covers for an SX series boat will fit my 2001 Diablo 180? Every one of the SX boat's i've seen look nearly identical (with the exception of updated interior and anchor storage in the bow).

I'm just curious because it would be nice to to add the side and rear panels to our convertible top (which is a deep royal blue looking color). I'd also like to eventually buy a bow cover and a Bimini.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #7

Send RNR-Marine:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nglauer View Post
    RNR-Marine, can you tell me if the tops and various covers for an SX series boat will fit my 2001 Diablo 180? Every one of the SX boat's i've seen look nearly identical (with the exception of updated interior and anchor storage in the bow).

I'm just curious because it would be nice to to add the side and rear panels to our convertible top (which is a deep royal blue looking color). I'd also like to eventually buy a bow cover and a Bimini.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Nick,
    Great question, which will help the entire group.

When Sea-Fox bought Mariah, they changed little except the model names of the boats for the 2002/2003 model years, so the boats are practically identical (2001 and earlier Diablo 180 = 2002 SX18 for example as you noted).

Sea Fox had us pattern all new canvas when they began manufacturing boats in South Carolina in 2002. Prior to this, a different canvas company (probably more local in Illinois) patterned and made the canvas.

The Convertible Frame and Canvas you have on your 2001 Diablo was designed, bent, patterned and sewn by another canvas company (in Illinois?). The side curtains for our 2002+ canvas will not simply zip onto this Convertible canvas, as it is different from the frame and top canvas we designed in 2002.

The only way to use our top canvas or side curtains on your 2001 or earlier boat would be to buy the entire 2002 frame, top canvas, etc. new from us. It would fit the boat fine, but the canvas parts are not interchangeable with older (pre-2002) frames or canvas.

We have had a couple of Mariah Oweners Club member successfully buy and install 2002+ Cockpit Covers and Bow Covers for their boats, after finding that the windshield (Taylor it seems) were the same as well. The caveat here is that the snaps will NOT be in the same place, so order without the snaps installed, buy a snap tool (add-on tool for your vice grips) and install the snaps (we supply) yourself for a perfect fit if you are replacing an old cockpit or bow cover.

Like I said, the boats are the same, but the canvas design and snaps locations from 2001 to 2002 are different.

The MariahOwnersClub.com team does a great job of providing historical OEM information on things like windshields for MariahOwnersClub.com members to reviews prior to ordering. Of all of the boat owners forums we participate in, this is one of the most professionally organized and operated forums we have seen. Thanks for allowing us to participate and help!

And remember - Free Shipping on Canvas for MariahOwnersClub.com member!

FYI - here are the Snap Tool parts for your Vice-Grips, available here:
    mikeyt, ColoradoDiablo and rhinoz like this.
    Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #8

Find me on the Map

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

RNR Marine - Thank you for the quick reply. I may be interested in buying some of your products in the near future. Luckily for me, our boat has never had any snaps installed. I'm not sure about drilling holes, but have looked into some alternatives from YKK called SNADS.

Have you ever used these with any of your applications? SNAD Adhesive Backed Domed Snaps from YKK - YouTube

YKK sent me some samples to look at when i was looking at adding a skirt around our RV for winter camping.

Thanks again!

Nick
    Old 06-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

Send RNR-Marine:
    a Private Message

We've had some customers mention them, but honestly haven't tried them ourselves ... Very cool idea - avoiding drilling holes. They are not the most attractive items, but are available in Black and White, so they can blend into these color hulls. I'm sure they are UV rated, as all YKK zipper products are. 3M makes some unbelievable adhesives (5200 for example), so we can hope they would stay in place.

You've motivated me to get YKK to send some samples ...

Your video was great for any who hates to drill holes in their boat (isn't that most of us?):
    Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #10

Find me on the Map

Send nglauer:
    a Private Message

I was very impressed with the samples they sent. However I couldn't find any venders that sold them other than the one mentioned in the video. If you get some of these and test them out, and they work well - do you think it is something you could sell? If they could be purchased reasonably I would be interested in doing something like this with a box cover etc. I just hate the idea of drilling holes in my baby.