The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: sliding door (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/5645-sliding-door.html)

darkcalling 06-15-2011 11:30 PM

sliding door

Anyone know of or how much the sliding door for the cuddy on a 1999 z278 would be or cost? thanks

mikeyt 06-16-2011 12:17 AM

Re: sliding door

If you can find one you will pay whatever they ask for it. ;)

darkcalling 06-16-2011 12:26 AM

lol now I am scared love this boat but the parts and time are starting to sound like alot of work. Anyone have a template maybe I could make them and sell them look like about 3/8ths plexi to me lol.

mikeyt 06-16-2011 12:29 AM

If i remember correctly our old moderator "WetWilly" posted something about a place in California that could custom make this stuff but...i suspect it will be a little pricey. I'll see if i can find that info & re-post it.

mikeyt 06-16-2011 12:31 AM

If i remember correctly our old moderator "WetWilly" posted something about a place in California that could custom make this stuff but...i suspect it will be a little pricey. I'll see if i can find that info & re-post it.

If you do a site search for "Cuddy door" you should find lots of threads on this subject.

darkcalling 06-16-2011 01:03 AM

Mostly just latchs catchs trim type stuff coming up but thanks also the center acess glass to the bow window frame might need replacing anything like that around?

mikeyt 06-16-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkcalling (Post 29849)
Mostly just latchs catchs trim type stuff coming up but thanks also the center acess glass to the bow window frame might need replacing anything like that around?

Have you ever seen a hen with teeth? :yes_grin:

darkcalling 06-16-2011 01:47 AM

Only at halloween unless you count old grannys as hens ;)

mikeyt 06-16-2011 01:52 AM

Unfortunately those parts that are missing or damaged on this boat are difficult to source replacements for but to be honest those type of parts would be difficult on most boats that are 10+ yrs old. Check ebay or Craigslist/Kijiji to see if anyone is parting out a Mariah.

ShabahZ280 06-17-2011 02:06 PM

It seems to me I was on some site the other day that did custom hatch door manufacturing, and had a huge stock of sliding door systems, but now I can't find it! i'll keep trying.

in the meantime here's a few places I found via a quick google search. They seem able to custom make anything.
Marine windows Bomon Marine Boat windows , doors,hatches,airintake ISO12216 ABYC Products and Enclosures

Teak Isle » Products » Marine » Sliding Cabin Entry Doors

There are many other places that can custom make the door from the black Lexan material. Search for Plastic Lexan Fabrication. You may even be able to find one in your hometown, or close to it!

As far as glass replacement, if it's in the center window, it'll be MUCH easier to get replaced than one of the curved windows on the sides. Any glass shop should be able to replace, or point you in the right direction of finding someone who can replace it.