The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: 1996 Mariah Shabah Windshield (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/4313-1996-mariah-shabah-windshield.html)

mariahowner 06-23-2010 12:11 AM

1996 Mariah Shabah Windshield

In a recent storm our entire canopy top of ShoreStation was lifted up, the metal poles snapped and it came crashing down on the left windshield. I was looking to see if anyone had a left side windshield, the curved portion, or maybe an idea as to where to get one. I have tried several local glass places and marinas and from my understanding, since it is as old as it is, it would be very expensive to have the glass custom molded as they no longer make or have the replacement windshields. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Our boat is 25.5 foot Mariah Shabah z255 from 1996.

mikeyt 06-23-2010 01:35 AM

Re: 1996 Mariah Shabah Windshield

Quoting our mod WetWilly "the windshield is the Holy Grail of original Mariah parts". In other words your chances of locating one are somewhere between slim & none.

You can try contacting the mfr "TaylorMade". One of our members had some success when he spoke with a lady named Karen and her number is 260-347-1368-ext-247. It is a real hit & miss though with them and most of us have have had no luck whatsoever. If they can find the old mold then prepare to open your wallet wide.

m&mmariah 06-23-2010 03:36 AM

Chances are Slim & None, and Slim just left........

ShabahZ280 06-23-2010 01:48 PM

Don't give up hope yet, Taylor Made may come through. Give them a call. Some of our members have had some difficulty with them, and others haven't. Give it a try and let us know. Then we'll help you figure out what you can do next.

mariahowner 06-23-2010 05:15 PM

Thanks for prompt responses. Tomorrow I will have some time so I wil give Taylormade a call. I went back and found some Wetwilly posts like you recommended Mikeyt and that was helpful. I'll keep this updated hopefully with my success.

mikeyt 06-23-2010 06:50 PM

Yep, it's not impossible to get one, just very difficult and involves a bit of luck. Apparently Taylor Made are looking for their supply # that is usually hiding at the base of the windshield or within the window frame before you have a chance. In my case i was able to find the number but they said they no longer had the mold available so i had one formed & made out of acrylic at a local plastics company. Not as good as glass but it does the job.

As an alternative, there is a vendor down in Florida that will make one but you are looking at a minimum of $2G's

Best of luck and please let us know how you make out with them!

mariahowner 06-23-2010 07:10 PM

I saw in another thread about finding that number and I will look tomorrow, hopefully I can find it. I'm not sure Im ready to spend that much money just to get the windshield replaced so I'm thinking I might end up going the way of an acrylic or Lexan alternative. That was the recommendation I got from my local marina considering the age of the boat. I will give TaylorMade a call though and maybe get lucky. I'll keep you guys updated.

peterg33 06-24-2010 02:26 PM

I know where you can find a pop out side window for a 95 202 Shabah....Bottum of Lake Mead.
I did not realize old windows were so hard to come buy/fix. Maybe we should go after it.

Dredd 06-24-2010 08:01 PM

:blink: I hope you didn't recently lose your new boat, Peter?

Sorry for the thread jack.

mikeyt 06-24-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterg33 (Post 23193)
I know where you can find a pop out side window for a 95 202 Shabah....Bottum of Lake Mead.
I did not realize old windows were so hard to come buy/fix. Maybe we should go after it.

and its sitting right near the intakes for the dam, right? :rolling_laugh:

This is one that i replaced with an acrylic window made by a local plastics company. It was easy to do & in-expensive. The small handles are still available at Iboats or Overtons the last time i checked too.