The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Bimini Top (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/1828-bimini-top.html)

DEL GAISFORD 10-09-2008 03:23 PM

Bimini Top

CAN ANY BODY HELP I NEEB A BIMI COVER FOR MY 250 Z MARIAH YEAR 2000PLEASE E MAIL ME ON [email protected] MANY THANKS GUYS

WetWilly 10-09-2008 11:04 PM

Hi DEL GAISFORD,

Finding an factory original Bimini for your Mariah may be difficult.

I suggest looking at an after market one, here are a few places I found on the web you can contact:

1. www.BoatCoversDirect.com
  2. www.biminitop.net
  3. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...=browse&aID=14
  4. www.americanmarineind.com/
  5. www.boatcoversonline.com/products/biminis/
  6. www.cabelas.com/ssubcat-1/cat21330.shtml

Email sent too.

Good luck,
WetWilly

mikeyt 10-10-2008 02:14 PM

I simply had my local canvas guy make one for me. That way i ensured a nice custom fit & although i dont remember exactly what i pd for it, the price was close to the cost of a generic one. If you have it done over the winter though, the price should be even better.

180diablo 10-10-2008 06:31 PM

Mikey,

My local guy (Cummins Canvas on hwy11) was way more expensive then an american company I emailed. Now obviously this was american pricing, so that would be part of the difference. But like $4-500 range .. or whatever it was. Needless to say, it can wait.

Downside, to get one custom fit for my ride, they would have to get into a locked compound, find my boat under tarped sheds and work on it there. Speaking of, I will be heading up this long weekend to inspect it and take a lookie at the bottom.

mikeyt 10-11-2008 12:28 AM

I found my receipt and my local guy did it for $375 last summer but yeah, he'll need the boat for measurements & fitting.

DEL GAISFORD 10-11-2008 02:29 AM

Help

Thanks For Your Reply Mikeyt I Have A 250 Z Shab And Live In Yhe Uk So Need One Off The Shelf From The Usa Thf Year Of The Boat Is 2000. I Think Mariah Was Taken Over At This Time So I Need Some One With The Old Stock Or Even One That Can Be Copyed Any Idears Bud. Cheeres Del

WetWilly 10-11-2008 03:04 AM

Hi DEL GAISFORD,

According to our gallery, we have a member with a 2000 Z250, His name is lomitabob and if you take a look at his pictures in the gallery, see if his is the same style as your Z250.

If it's the same, then maybe you could PM him and see if he wouldn't mind assisting you with what you need. It's possible that he Has a Bimini top on his Mariah as well even though it doesn't show in the pictures.

If you want to send him a PM, just click on his name in this post.

Good luck,
WetWilly

bakdraft 10-13-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL GAISFORD (Post 10746)
Thanks For Your Reply Mikeyt I Have A 250 Z Shab And Live In Yhe Uk So Need One Off The Shelf From The Usa Thf Year Of The Boat Is 2000. I Think Mariah Was Taken Over At This Time So I Need Some One With The Old Stock Or Even One That Can Be Copyed Any Idears Bud. Cheeres Del

I bought my boat (SX18) from a dealer in belfast. He has a local supplier who will make a custom top for any boat. Of course he needs the boat but a trip to Belfast is not as bad as it sounds.... My boat came in that way, just catch a freight ferry from birkenhead.

I am sure there are other suppliers in the UK.

Dave

lomitabob 10-14-2008 10:49 PM

I bought a stock one from Overtons with the Sunbrella fabric and aluminum poles and it holds up really well. I put dual mounts for the upright, one set on the fiberglass ledge by the side windshield and another set on the top of the window frame for storage. That way the folded top lays at the very end of the hatch and does not interfere with opening or closing the hatch. Next time I have the boat out of the garage I will take a picture and post it to the forum gallery. If I can find the receipt I will get the part number for you:)

djmccormick 07-01-2009 10:37 AM

Re: Bimini Top

I have the original Bimini Top that came with my Mariah, but it snaps onto the windshield, a cleat on the windshiled frame for the pole, and hooks aft of the windshield for the tightening straps.

I would like to have a Bimini Top that is more open in the front. I realize this might require some drilling into the gunwale to secure it, but I am willing to do that for the right product.

I am hoping to find one that can use the exsisting cleat for the upright pole, and the tightening eye hooks aft of the windshield.

SO I would be very interested in whatever anyone can provide.

Thanks In Advance