Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Hello to all!

Introductions

Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 AM   #1

cobrakirk is currently offline
My Year: 1996
My Model: z210
My Engine: 7.4l bravo1
Gallery Images: 0

Send cobrakirk:
a Private Message

Default Hello to all!

I just signed up to you're club because I just acquired a 1996 Mariah Shabah Z210 Limited Edition 21.5' boat. It has the black hull,tan interior,7.4l w/bravo1. Came with the matching Chariot trailer. Since buying the boat,I've done alot of work to it just to get it looking nice again. The hull was covered in lime deposit,making it look white. Couldn't find anything to cut through it. Asked at marina's for advise on products to clean it,etc. Ended up doing the hand rub with CLR. Took about 80 hours of rubbing but I finally got it off. Now its looking like it should have to begin with! Meanwhile,I've had to tune it,ordered a carb,got all the accessories I wanted for tubing ,skiing,ropes,vests,etc. Replaced my seat pedastals,since they sat too low,with adjustables. Interior is very nice. Got all new LED lights for the trailer,side marker lights,and rewired it. So im well on my way to having fun!
I haven't been boating since 1999. Back then I owned a couple of Four Winns boats,which were nice. I lived on a lake in Hell Michigan,which actually was a chain of 7 lakes. Was alot of fun! Then moved to Florida for 9 years,where all boating came to an end. Didn't want to screw up my boat in salt water,and didn't feel like racing alligators up onto my ski's,so boating left my life for quite some time. Step ahead,and I moved back to Michigan to get married,and to take care of my parents that had ailing health. After several funerals in the past 6 months,I realize that life is short,and if I didn't grab this opportunity to get back into boating,I never would! So started searching for a boat that had some real style,with some speed,plus versitile enough for skiing and tubing,and I ended up really liking the Mariah boats. Had to go out of state to get it. In fact,made a run all the way to Georgia for one,but the guy lied about its condition,and I came home empty handed. I've now had my boat for 1.5 months,and I've been out about 35 hours already,with plans for lots more!
By the way,my name is Kirk,Im 51 years old,live in Michigan,and live in a suburb West of Detroit. Im in the market for a Bimini top with a tan color,and I also would like to find a Mariah style wheel for a spare. Im not real computer friendly,so learning how to use this site may take awhile. If anyone has aline on a Bimini top,or a spare rim,that would match the traditional Mariah Chariot style,Id love to hear from you! My boat is the limited Edition,which means the wheels have the gold color in the center,surrounded by chrome,and plastic coated. I don't have to have that,but it would be nice! Just matching pattern would be sweet! Im a bit OCD,so I like things to match. Its my curse!!
I'll be trying to learn this site in the next few weeks,and hope to get any advise on leads. I also would love to get all original,or copies of brochures,manuals,etc, of my boat. Can never have too much of that!
I believe I've said too much,so Im going to end this for now.
You all take care,and I hope to learn this site soon!!! Kirk
  • Old 07-09-2014, 03:53 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Hello to all!

Welcome aboard Kirk! Lots of detail is always good! As for your questions... bimini etc you can try RNR Marine but honestly there are so many places that can do bimini tops you can take your pick. The trailer wheels will be much more difficult but i'm going to suggest checking out eBay.
    Brochures, specific equipment & engine manuals are available to contributing members and you can read about the benefits of becoming a contributing member here. General operating manuals are a waste of time and paper. They are nothing more that general boating instruction guides but you can read about that here.

Post a pic or two of your boat when you get a chance.
    Old 07-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #3

ColoradoDiablo is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1992
    My Model: Diablo 180 I/O
    My Engine: 4.3LX Alpha I
    Gallery Images: 16

Send ColoradoDiablo:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Hello to all!

Welcome to MOC Kirk!
    Would love to see pics