The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Possible New Owner 94 Barchetta (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/9526-possible-new-owner-94-barchetta.html)

Tyler10r 06-27-2014 07:15 PM

Re: Possible New Owner 94 Barchetta

i would pay 5k for that all day. i wish my seats didnt need redone. and yours is blue. = envious.:wink_thumbup:

Bosgarage57 06-28-2014 10:05 PM

Well I brought it home today. Got it for a bit less, tear in a seat and general 20 yr old nicks and scrapes. Changing the oil today, gonna take it out tomorrow. I did get an original owners manual, if anyone is interested I'll try to upload it to someone. I'm pretty excited, pictures to come tomorrow.

Mariah1 06-28-2014 10:18 PM

Great news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyt 06-29-2014 11:43 PM

Congrats! Thanks for the offer of the manual but we dont need it. The manual, useless as it is, didn't change over the years the boats were made. :-)

Bosgarage57 06-29-2014 11:58 PM

well we took it out today, was a blast for a bit, but now theres issues :(

1) After ridding tubes and ect for about 2 hours we took a break. come back and as soon as we started it the temp gauge shot up to over half of the gauge, and a loud beep started. Thermostat??

2) The trim gauge/trim itself isn't calibrated correctly. We cant trim it all the way up, the trim adjustment are the 2 squares on the side of the motor correct? 1 for trailer and 1 for actual trim?

is there a 4.3 lx motor manual anywhere?

3) on the back bottom below the motor is a drain plug......It seems to leak water. we will probably have to take off the 3 screws

ckolek 06-30-2014 02:02 AM

Check the impeller in the water pump, it may be worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosgarage57 06-30-2014 02:23 PM

After talking to a marine shop they think it sounds like a faulty temp gauge. Going to try to remove the gauge, clean it and go from there. We plan on checking the impeller this winter and getting things up to date.

Anyone know what kind of temp gauge it is, It is a Faria, but I guess what Im asking is, is it a 2" with a rubber gasket around it or will a temp gauge from an auto part store work.

Bosgarage57 06-30-2014 06:09 PM

Well after talking to another shop they think it is the water pump in the alpha drive. Im a little leary over that, that's a big project to do and fix. It would definitely be a "this winter" dear, just to replace gaskets and things.

Anyone have a troubleshooting for the waterpump in the drive to see if its working?

We are still going to try to replace the gauge and see if that fixes it, but definitely don't want to blow up the engine before we even get to play with it.

mikeyt 06-30-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 (Post 53685)
well we took it out today, was a blast for a bit, but now theres issues :(

1) After ridding tubes and ect for about 2 hours we took a break. come back and as soon as we started it the temp gauge shot up to over half of the gauge, and a loud beep started. Thermostat??

2) The trim gauge/trim itself isn't calibrated correctly. We cant trim it all the way up, the trim adjustment are the 2 squares on the side of the motor correct? 1 for trailer and 1 for actual trim?

is there a 4.3 lx motor manual anywhere?

3) on the back bottom below the motor is a drain plug......It seems to leak water. we will probably have to take off the 3 screws

1: I'm inclined to agree it's the impeller. Those gauges very rarely fail while the impeller should be changed every 3-4 years. If it starts to break up it causes a blockage in the cooling system which leads to overheating and the alarm sounds. And....it's an impeller, not a 'water pump'. It's an easy replace job. If your mechanic told u its a major job it's time to get a new mechanic.
2: The trim sensor and trim limit switch you 're referring to have a habit of failing. There is a troubleshooting guide in the Maintenance section. To replace them requires removing the outdrive. Most learn to live without the trim gauge working.
2 1/2: Those manuals are available to contributing members. Check the STICKY at the top of the Introductions section regarding the benefits of being a contributing member.
3: Are you referring to the bilge plug?

Bosgarage57 06-30-2014 09:44 PM

Thanks Mikey, the impeller doesn't seem hard, but you have to take the drive out right? It seems like a big job to do.

The issue with the trim is it wasn't trimming up enough, if the gauge isn't calibrated how are others able to trim effectively?

I was able to find the manual for the engine and drive thanks to the forum.