The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New Owner Hello! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/9451-new-owner-hello.html)

1993Shabah 06-15-2014 03:07 AM

New Owner Hello!

Just picked up my new toy, a 1993 Shabah with a 350 Magnum. Bought it from my Uncle who had it at a local lake, parked in his boat house when not in use since new. Block froze a few years ago so I get it with a whopping 10 hours on a new engine, and a fully rebuilt Alpha One lower unit. Hasn't run this year so I spent the day washing and detailing it, try to start it tomorrow, can't stop grinning!

Used to have a 97 Regal 2100LSR with the 5.7 and fastrac hull that I had to sell a few years back due to financial reasons. So far I'm impressed with the build quality and interior features on a boat 4 years older with my "new" Mariah. We'll have to see how they compare on the water, I could hit 62 mph with an aluminum 21 pitch prop with the LSR. Uncle says the Shabah will only do about 55, but it does have captains call so I can be noisy!

I will have to get some pics and post em if the boat doesn't blow away tonight! (big storms hitting central Nebraska tonight)

mikeyt 06-15-2014 04:06 AM

Re: New Owner Hello!

Welcome aboard! We'll look forward to some pics!

ColoradoDiablo 06-15-2014 02:22 PM

Welcome to MOC! :)

1993Shabah 07-01-2014 03:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So far so good! Needed a good cleaning, just years of dust that had blown in here and there and accumulated everywhere. The old boy just didn't ever give it a good cleaning, just wiped it down the few times he used it every year then it just sat in the boat house. Looks brand new, no sun fade, in better shape than I had expected. Everything worked except the hatch lift and power seat, took apart the switches and they were corroded so cleaned em up and good to go. Only thing that does not work is the stern pole light, but I have power to the socket so no worries.

Cool thing about this boat it it is completely factory to how he bought it. He didn't do a single modification or anything, had 177 hours on it when he froze the block. Combined with the rebuilt 5.7 and rebuilt Alpha One it is like having a new boat from 1993.

Only bad thing is he lost all the registration and other papers, applied for a bonded title to get it legal. He had the owners manual and all the papers for the gauges, lights, radio, etc., but nothing that shows the exact model. The owners manual seems pretty generic covering multiple models so it is no help.

Here a some bad pictures for now, but can anyone help identify the model? I know it is 19' and a Shabah, so it has to be a 180 Shabah right? I read there is a "Z" model and a sport? It has the defogger, compass, windshield wiper, captains call, and pwr seat if that helps. Anyone know? TIA

1993Shabah 07-01-2014 03:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A few more...I really need to learn how to take a better picture.

ColoradoDiablo 07-01-2014 03:34 AM

I'm gonna say a 198Z
Model should be on the capacity plate.
Is that it right side bottom bow area?
HERE is some Z info.:wink_thumbup:

1993Shabah 07-01-2014 03:40 AM

Hmmm, never thought to look on the plate. It is mounted under the drivers dash on the foot panel, kind of out of sight. Thanks for the info!

Mariah1 07-02-2014 04:53 PM

Look at mine. 198 Shabah. 1993

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk