The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New members and 1st time Mariah owners. (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/9250-new-members-1st-time-mariah-owners.html)

LOTO Z240 Talari 04-29-2014 07:56 PM

New members and 1st time Mariah owners.

Hello Everyone,

New members of the Mariah Owner's Club as of a few days ago. My first post and proud of it!

We take delivery of our 1994 Z240 Talari on Friday and look forward to making the 10 mile trip up the lake to our place around 1pm.

Since this weekend will be our first time on the water with her, can anyone offer a few tips about common quirks or unique features on the Z240 Talari we might not be aware of yet?

Of course, I'm hoping for a rain-free day on Friday. But rest assured, a few rain drops won't stop the parade when we move the Mariah to her new home.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and reading about your boats.

mikeyt 04-29-2014 08:24 PM

Re: New members and 1st time Mariah owners.

Welcome aboard! There are quite a number of 240 & Z240 owners here on the site so i'll let them offer up their opinions on quirks etc. From what i've read over the years though, the Z240 is a popular Mariah model for good reason and if it was well maintained in its prior life it shouldn't give you any trouble.

LOTO Z240 Talari 04-29-2014 09:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the boat was very well cared for by the previous owner which was a big factory in the buying process. He's been a "boat guy" all his life and has a love for doing it right. When we started looking for a boat in the 22'-26' length, the Z240 fit all of the requirments. Hey, things break on new and older boats, but quality workmanship speaks for itself on the Z240. I know it will be a good purchase in the longrun.

gahooligan 04-29-2014 10:57 PM

Congratulations and be sure to post some pictures soon so we can all check out your Mariah!!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

ColoradoDiablo 04-30-2014 01:05 AM

Welcome to MOC LOTO! :)

doaclnr 05-02-2014 12:03 PM

What part of LOTO you on?

Dredd 05-02-2014 07:16 PM

Turned out to be great weather for taking delivery of a new boat! Should be an awesome weekend at the lake with the Harbor Hop going on and the awesome forecast.

LOTO Z240 Talari 05-03-2014 04:41 AM

Dredd,
The weather was great at 1pm when we began the boat transfer of ownership process. The Mariah is even more awesome than I had hoped for. She is smooth, behaves well, responded to power requests and basically was the prettiest girl on our end of the lake today. I'm happy and equally pleased with the 7.4L-454. What a joy to have on the water. I will post a few pics within the next few days. Oh, the captain call exhaust was rumbling with pride in the main channel.

Mariah1 05-03-2014 01:17 PM

Pictures. Glad you found a great boat. Mariah. Nuff said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk