The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New To Mariah Boats (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/914-new-mariah-boats.html)

Douglas Alderman 04-01-2008 07:34 AM

New To Mariah Boats

Just bought a 1999 Mariah 214 Jubilee Deck Boat. Saw this boat on Iboats.com and when down to Georgia to look at it. Pictures on line don't do show everything. Had to try it out,had and bear with the cold weather they had at the time. Have it sitting on a trailer and found welds broken on the frame after bring it home 600 miles away. Must get it in the water to get it fixed. Only now have a problems with power trim on the boat. Can't get it to move up or down. Luckly found this site and viewed problems of other having the same thing that have happend to them. The boat came with no Owner Manual. Hoping someone has one I can copy or find buy. Glad to have a great Site like yours to talk with other Mariah Boaters.

WetWilly 04-01-2008 08:05 AM

Hi Douglas,

Welcome aboard!

Sorry to here about your trailer, if it's any consolation, I had to buy a new trailer for our Talari shortly after purchasing it.

As for the trim not working, I assume it was working when you test drove your Jubilee and later when it was loaded onto the trailer, correct?

It maybe something as simple as a loose connection or blown fuse so if you could tell us what model engine and ourdrive you have, we can work from there to see about getting your trim working.

We have a growing library of manuals, brochures, wiring diagrams, and all sorts of informative Mariah, Mercruiser, & Volvo Penta information including a brochure for your year. All of these are available to our contributing members.
Click here to go to the contributions page so you can see what each level has to offer.

WetWilly

ShabahZ280 04-01-2008 05:19 PM

Welcome to the board Douglas, and congrats on your Jubilee!

Can you describe what happens when you try and raise or lower the trim? If it's a clicking type sound, it's the battery. I had this happen to mine last year. I can help you go through my whole chain of events if this is your symptom.

Douglas Alderman 04-01-2008 06:09 PM

Stern Drive

Stern Drive worked one time after getting home with boat. Went down o.k. and only come up a little. Lifted up drive by hand with button on and it went up. Now, motor for drive runs but won't come down. Seems to be locked up. Can't pull it down by hand. Read article's on site and will check fuses first. I can see wires on pump and connections have blue on them. Problem is hard to reach pump. No room to get at it. Just able to remove fill cap and found it milky. The boat had a new engine put in, put in it due to frozen block. Maybe water got into reservoir of pump. A new stern drive was later installed . Going to drain open lines on stern drive to see if it comes down. Will have to drain system.

WetWilly 04-01-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Alderman (Post 5183)
Just able to remove fill cap and found it milky. The boat had a new engine put in, put in it due to frozen block. Maybe water got into reservoir of pump. A new stern drive was later installed . Going to drain open lines on stern drive to see if it comes down. Will have to drain system.

Hi Douglas,

The milky oil definitely indicates water and by now it's pretty churned up as well. Your on the right track with flushing the entire system, just remember, it may take a few flushes to completely remove all the water and then you need to find the source of the leak if it exist. While it’s possible the water got in when the engine was changed, I suspect one of the trim ram seals or a hose connection myself.

BTW, can you tell us what model engine and outdrive you have to make it easier to assist you?

Well one good thing, we know the electrical is working by the fact the motor runs and that can be the most difficult issue to diagnose.

Lastly, are you still having an issue posting a new thread? If so, just click on my name and a drop-down box will appear and you can send me a PM so we can get it resolved.

Good luck and let us know what the results are after the trim flush.

WetWilly

bdbyrnes 04-02-2008 04:57 AM

Hi Douglas-

Congrats on the boat purchase. I know it probably doesn't feel like it at the moment but I am confident that you will have a positive experience with your boat - I have a 1995 Mariah and it is rock solid; best purchase I have ever made.

Keep us posted, the group here is very helpful and supportive.

Brent