Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Welcome!

Introductions

Old 07-16-2007, 07:29 AM   #1

MariahMan is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 2001
My Model: 252 Shabah
My Engine: Volvo Penta 5.7GXi, DP
Gallery Images: 211

Send MariahMan:
a Private Message

Default Welcome!

First off, let me say thank you to all of you who are reading this. The Mariah Owners Club was created so that all of us could have a place to come together and help each other out, share ideas and what we've done, and best of all, meet other Mariah owners. Without all of you we would have no club so thank you for registering and becoming a member.

My name is Ryan and i live on the west coast, in Washington. I'm 19 and a Business student at the University of Washington. I'm a computer geek, a gear head, and of course a do-it-yourselfer. I've been in love with the water since i was a little boy and was ecstatic the day my dad bought our first family boat, our Mariah. We both fell in love instantly with the quality of the boat and the attention to detail exhibited in this fine piece of art.

As a gear head and a tinkerer, i'm always taking things apart and finding ways to make things better. Becuase of these tendencies, i'm always looking for ways to make our Mariah that much better and more usefull, one project at a time. My dad and i will sit down often to plan out projects for the upcoming season. He'll say "I want to have something like ___" and i'll reply "Oh yeah.. and we could do something like___" and the conversation progresses from there with my mom in th ebackground rolling her eyes.

In doing these projects, i would often use the Trailer Boats board as a basis for help when i got stuck on something. I always received great responses and everyone was always very friendly. After posting a message one late evening asking for fellow Mariah owners to reply, i thought to myself "nah, i doubt there are very many out there." Projects on the boat slowed down and i got busy with school so i didn't check the boards for a while until one day something reminded me of it and i found the thread with over 2 pages of replies. What a feeling that was to find all these other Mariah owners out there.

After reading through all the messages, i thought to myself that it would be really great for all of us to come together some how and form a group so if anyone has a problem, someone will be there to help solve it. After reading ShabahZ250's comments about creating a club, i got in contact with him and the ball started rolling. We both had tons of ideas and went back and forth for weeks on what we could do and what would look great before we even got started.

Now, after months of work, both Chris (ShabahZ250) and i present to you The Mariah Owners Club! We really hope you take the time to get to know the forum and find all of the cool features it has to offer. We tried to build in features we knew you all would like. It's still a work in progress but us fellow Mariah owners now have a place to come together and call home. Take the time to post in the opinions section in the website discussions forum and let us know what you think!

ThunderShark Web Solutions
PM or email me if you need hosting or community support.

Last edited by MariahMan; 07-16-2007 at 08:05 AM.
  • Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #2

moondance100 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1995 Z240 Talari 502 Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 6

Send moondance100:
    a Private Message

Thanks so much to Chris, Ryan and the others for the time put in on this. I opened it up for the first time today to see my own boat as one of them on the homepage header! I almost drew a tear!

Thanks and congrats on a wonderful job!