Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Hi

Introductions

Old 03-28-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
tmv Thread Starter

tmv is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send tmv:
a Private Message

Default Hi

Hi

Just came across Mariah boats on the internet and want to know more about them. Looking for a small but sturdy boat for me the wife and the grand kids!

Need to know what to look for, as to possible problems and any advice as to the boats themselves. I have seen the 1997 189se and the Barchetta (spelling?) and like the size and look.

I belong to a few other automotive forums and realize their value in information and sound advice, so I would like to thank everyone in advance and hope to one day contribute my experiences as well.

Thank you

Tom
  • Old 03-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #2

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Hi Tom and welcome aboard!

I think you mean the 1997 183 SE Shabah and I believe the Barchetta was made until 1995.

First off, just so you know, the original Mariah Company closed back in 2001 but don’t let that scare you away from owning one of the best built boats in the industry. Many of the parts and documentation have been sourced by our members and we are constantly watching for Mariah related items when available.

Their construction was second to none and most were outfitted far beyond their price point. Mariah’s motto, “Equipped like no other boat in the world!”. The Mariah ride comfort and performance was noted in many magazine tests over the years and a quick look at a Mariah and you will see quality materials used throughout.

Now regardless of boat brand, from a cost stand point, I believe it is most important to insure the mechanics and hull are in good condition.

This is what I recommend:

1) If you can, test drive the boat to see how it responds and if it feels good to you.

2) Always have a certified mechanic check the condition of the motor, outdrive and steering system.

3) Check the hull for any signs of damage.

4) Check the electrical systems (switches, charging system, lights, horn, etc…).

5) Check the floor for any soft spots which could indicate wood rot.

6) If your getting a trailer with it, have it gone over as well (frame, fasteners, brakes, coupler, lights, bunks/rollers, winch and strap, tires and bearings).

Now if you should settle on a particular Mariah, bring any questions you have back here and we’ll get you the answers!

Well there you have it, my .02 cents worth… I wish you luck in you boat search and hope to see you back here as a new Mariah owner!

WetWilly

Last edited by WetWilly; 03-28-2008 at 06:50 AM.