Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New member from Oklahoma

Introductions

Old 03-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #1

curtis is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Model: 1997 241 Talari
Gallery Images: 11

Send curtis:
a Private Message

Default New member from Oklahoma - Now with pictures

Hello all,

I just bought my first boat... My only other watercraft ownership experience was a waverunner a few years back, when I lived in Southern CA.

A good friend of mine bought a Mariah new in 1997, and hasn't been using it enough these past few years. I've been out on the boat many times, and have always loved it. He finally sold it to me this week. We're headed up to his storage place to check it out today, and I'll try to take some pictures.

I believe it is a 241 Talari 7.4L. At least that's what he thinks it is, and the other pictures I've seen of Talari's seem to be this boat. Guess I'll probably figure it out for sure when I'm up there later today. The boat is definitely in great condition, as my friend is really obsessive about taking good care of his stuff. It's sitting on a Chariot tandem trailer, and I've pulled it with my Excursion diesel a few times. Pulls great.

Glad this forum is here, and I am sure I will have many questions down the road... Thanks!

Curtis
  • Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #2

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Welcome to the board Curtis! Sounds like you might have found a gem! Finding a boat that's been well taken care of, plus the matching Chariot Trailer, that's luck. Chariot trailers were made by Mariah specifically for that boat, so you know it'll be a perfect fit!

Keep us all updated with how things go! And feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. We're all here to help. We've got lots of helpful goodies too in the contributor section, click the "Donate" button for more info.

ps-Doesn't the Excursion tow like a champ? I've got an '01 V10, and towing my Z250's an absolute breeze! All I did was add a rear swaybar.
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 03-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #3

Find me on the Map

Send curtis:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 View Post
    Welcome to the board Curtis! Sounds like you might have found a gem! Finding a boat that's been well taken care of, plus the matching Chariot Trailer, that's luck. Chariot trailers were made by Mariah specifically for that boat, so you know it'll be a perfect fit!

Keep us all updated with how things go! And feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. We're all here to help. We've got lots of helpful goodies too in the contributor section, click the "Donate" button for more info.

ps-Doesn't the Excursion tow like a champ? I've got an '01 V10, and towing my Z250's an absolute breeze! All I did was add a rear swaybar.
    I just upgraded to the middle-level contributor account... Happy to contribute to such a valuable resource! And yes, my '01 Excursion with the Powerstroke is an amazing towing machine. I've towed this boat a couple times, and a relative's heavy-loaded RV trailer cross-country. I have a rear anti-sway bar, adjustable shocks, a reprogrammed computer, and a few other upgrades. I expect to have it for a long, long time.

More later today after I get out to see the boat. I'll look at it with totally different perspective now that it's mine.

Thanks,
    Curtis
    Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #4

Find me on the Map

Send curtis:
    a Private Message

I just uploaded some photos of the 241 Talari I just bought... I paid $11,000, and the boat has 277 hours, as you can see in the photos.

http://www.mariahownersclub.com/gall...php?c=40&u=432

Any comments would be appreciated, other than "you idiot, you paid too much!".

It seems to be in great shape, with just some normal wear and tear on the exterior and almost no problems at all on the interior.

Curtis
    Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #5

2 OWNER MARIAH is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 2001 222 Shabah, Phoenix Yellow w. Small Indy Style Graphics, 1999 Z280 MCC
    Gallery Images: 0

Send 2 OWNER MARIAH:
    a Private Message

Curtis:

Welcome Aboard, Looks very nice, 7.4 with a 24' sounds like fun. Nice to find a clean well cared for original Mariah. Bought my Shabah 222 only used 1 season with 36 hrs and excellent condition, and just purchased a 1999 Z280 MCC with only 83 hrs. It is in very good condition, looks like the cabin has never been used.

Enjoy the Mariah, they are very well built.
    Old 03-28-2008, 12:15 AM   #6

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Looks great Curtis! Great price too! Welcome "officially" to the Mariah Owners Club!
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 03-28-2008, 03:34 AM   #7

Adam is currently offline
    My Model: 1995 Z200 Talari 5.7L Alpha I

Send Adam:
    a Private Message

Congratulations Curtis. I spend alot of time at Grand Lake too, maybe I'll see you there!
    Old 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #8

magandy is currently offline

Send magandy:
    a Private Message

Thumbs up Congrats!!

Congratulations, Curtis on your beautiful first Mariah. I'm still looking for just the right one for me, about a 19' Talari or a 20' Shabah with (hopefully) a matching Chariot trailer. I've been searching on Boat Trader, Craigslist, etc. and I think you got a very good deal considering the year, the engine and the great condition it's in.

Have a great summer!

Andy Gomez

Texas