The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Mariah Z260 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/8791-mariah-z260.html)

brianoxo 09-12-2013 09:30 AM

Mariah Z260

Hello,
Can anyone help, I have just purchased a 1998 Mariah Z260, the prop has been pinched so I need to know what prop and the pitch to get a new one, the engine is a 7.4L Mercruiser. it has a quicksilver keyless panel but the previous owner cant remember the code Duh, also some bright spark has steamed cleaned the canopy and shrunk it, any suggestions or info would be appreciated
Cheers

mikeyt 09-12-2013 01:03 PM

Re: Mariah Z260

Welcome aboard! I'm going to leave your questions for our members with the larger Mariahs.

ShabahZ280 09-12-2013 05:45 PM

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your "new" Z260. I have dual 22 pitch props on my Z280, Mercury Marine part # 48-823664.

For the keyless ignition, try "0000" and hit the run button. If your blower starts up, then you've found the factory default code. If not, you can try and poke your head below the dash to find the control module. If someone did their job correctly according to the Mercury Installation Instructions, there should be an "emergency code" sticker on the unit someplace. However I was never able to locate one. We do have the Keyless Ignition system instructions available for download to contributing members. In that book, it will describe how to use it, as well as how to change the code. BUT, you can only change the code twice. If the previous owner hasn't changed it, you should be in good shape. Otherwise, you may be up the creek, as Mercury Marine no longer supports these systems.

As for steam cleaning the canopy, you can try and set the canvas up and leave it up during the sun. The heat makes the material much more flexible, and you might be able to stretch it back to fit. Otherwise, you may have to look at a full replacement. I've heard quotes in the $5k range for a full camper canvas package, so just to give you a fair warning!

Hope this helps.

brianoxo 09-29-2013 04:37 PM

Thanks for the answer to my question now I need a picture or some info of the cockpit dashboard as some of the switches are unreadable and never having had A Mariah before I do not want to go pressing buttons willy nilly cheers

ShabahZ280 10-09-2013 07:34 PM

Can you post a pic of your dash and the buttons you're unsure of?

brianoxo 10-15-2013 05:28 PM

Thanks for your reply but I have managed to work out the dash, now all I need is a wiring diagram for the batteries and isolator as the previous owner had ripped everything out ( idiot) . next on my list is that I need outer casings for the bravo 3 double drive sterndrive as said idiot had left the boat in water for 4 years and so corrosion, also I need a double prop as this has been nicked. As I have the boat in the UK I am finding it difficult to get spares etc. so any help is much appreciated, cheers