The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Please advise (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/8507-please-advise.html)

noblealloy 07-17-2013 04:46 PM

Please advise

Hi Gang - I just joined and would like some feedback. I have been an avid boater all my life and rode in a Mariah for the first time 20 years ago and thought I'd love to own one one day. I've been looking for a z275 st or z302. I love the open bow/cuddy option. These go fast whenever one pops up for sale. I did find one on ebay that was taken off because the reserve was not met - it got up to 13k. I'm out west so I would have to ship it out here. Anyone have advise on shipping? Also, the ebay lister has said they plan to relist it once they get some upholstery repaired. Here is a link to the old ebay post:

Mariah Z275ST Center Cabin Power Boat Sport Cuddy in Powerboats & Motorboats | eBay Motors

I'd love any advice regarding this boat or the models listed above. I also wondered if anyone had compared the two and had any preference. Thanks for your time!

Motoxxx43 07-17-2013 04:57 PM

Re: Please advise

I purchased a boat 900 miles from my location. 3 days an about 500$ in fuel I had it parked in my driveway. I think that's going to be the affordable option.
I looked into renting a truck or flying into a city an renting a truck one way. Expensive going one way in a rental.
Another thing is to make sure the trailer is ready to go. Seller put new tires on for me, even though the brakes didn't work at all.
I watch those boats a lot. Be prepared to spend some money- You get what you pay for.
Have you NADA priced those boats with the options you are looking for?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

noblealloy 07-17-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 (Post 46836)
Have you NADA priced those boats with the options you are looking for?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

No I haven't. I figure one in decent shape will be around 20k - 28k. I saw a 302 listed last month out of Bartlett, Illinois asking 38k - the llisting didn't last long so I don't know if it sold or what.

noblealloy 07-17-2013 05:08 PM

Here's another one

Used 1999 Mariah 302 Combo, Camdenton, Mo - 65020 - BoatTrader.com

noblealloy 07-17-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noblealloy (Post 46838)

Actually, contacted seller broker and apparently this one sold and had multiple engine issues due to "poor mechanic work"

ShabahZ280 07-17-2013 06:13 PM

The first boat you listed is owned by one of our members here, csterner. Here's his listing on the site:
http://www.mariahownersclub.com/foru...mcob-sale.html

He had a buyer or two flake out on him with ebay. I'd contact him via PM and try and talk with him about the boat. You may be able to get a deal and avoid the whole bidding war mess with ebay. :)

As for shipping, maybe try uship.com? There's quite a few reputable boat haulers on there that'd be willing to transport it for you.

noblealloy 07-17-2013 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info - I'll keep tabs on this one!

ShabahZ280 07-18-2013 03:07 PM

If you want it, you better get in touch with him and be ready to act quick. Mariah's sell unbelievably fast when they're priced right, especially the Z302's, Z300's and the Z275ST's.

noblealloy 07-18-2013 03:32 PM

I think he may still be undecided based on our communication thus far but I agree with you - they sure go fast when they go! He said he plans to relist it on ebay soon and that he put some dough into redoing some of the upholstery. That was a week or so ago. I'm real surprised no one picked it up on ebay the first time - the listing had ended by the time I saw it. I'm still hopeful though - thanks for the tips. Pete

theeasynine 07-18-2013 06:32 PM

It looked great minus the interior upholstery. Good things he's giving it some attention.