The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Please advise (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/8507-please-advise.html)

noblealloy 07-18-2013 07:18 PM

Re: Please advise

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 46907)
If you want it, you better get in touch with him and be ready to act quick. Mariah's sell unbelievably fast when they're priced right, especially the Z302's, Z300's and the Z275ST's.

You mind checking this video out that is on the ebay listing - he just relisted it. There are some things with the oil pressure that I don't understand - you mind giving me your opinion? Thanks, Pete

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1706wt_754

csterner 07-18-2013 11:26 PM

Hey Pete! I changed the video a little bit about the oil pressure but let me explain what I just did an awful job of explaining in the video. I replaced the oil sender last year. This little sensor is what screws into the side of the engine block and measures the pressure of the oil in the engine. It then sends this "signal" up to the gauge on the dash which will display the pressure there. Now, I started getting low oil pressure alarms and my dash gauge would drop to zero after I came to idle after WOT(Wide Open Throttle). So I thought I would kill two birds with one stone here. First I needed to know for sure that it was just my oil pressure sensor that was bad and secondly I wanted to display in the video the actually oil pressure so you would know that you are getting a boat that actually runs!
So, in order to hook up the manual oil pressure gauge, you have to disconnect the sensor going to the dash gauge so when you do that, the dash gauge will read zero. I brought attention to this in the video because I didn't want people to notice the gauge and say that I have an engine issue. Believe me, if I had zero oil pressure in that engine, you would have heard some pretty loud banging and knocking! :)

mikeyt 07-18-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csterner (Post 46942)
Hey Pete! I changed the video a little bit about the oil pressure but let me explain what I just did an awful job of explaining in the video. I replaced the oil sender last year. This little sensor is what screws into the side of the engine block and measures the pressure of the oil in the engine. It then sends this "signal" up to the gauge on the dash which will display the pressure there. Now, I started getting low oil pressure alarms and my dash gauge would drop to zero after I came to idle after WOT(Wide Open Throttle). So I thought I would kill two birds with one stone here. First I needed to know for sure that it was just my oil pressure sensor that was bad and secondly I wanted to display in the video the actually oil pressure so you would know that you are getting a boat that actually runs!
So, in order to hook up the manual oil pressure gauge, you have to disconnect the sensor going to the dash gauge so when you do that, the dash gauge will read zero. I brought attention to this in the video because I didn't want people to notice the gauge and say that I have an engine issue. Believe me, if I had zero oil pressure in that engine, you would have heard some pretty loud banging and knocking! :)

What Chris said! :yes_grin:

phillycincykid 07-19-2013 12:27 AM

if you buy a boat far away put it on uship.com and maybe u can be on that shipping wars show and roy can show up.

ShabahZ280 07-19-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillycincykid (Post 46945)
if you buy a boat far away put it on uship.com and maybe u can be on that shipping wars show and roy can show up.

Or maybe Robbie... :w00t: and i guess she can bring mohawk chris along too for the ride...

Motoxxx43 07-19-2013 01:42 AM

I just did a shipping quote on uship. com. The median price they gave me was $1,400. Thats about $900 more than my out of pocket expenses for my trip down an back with one night in a hotel (and lots of Inn-n-out!!).
As for the day off work I took off, I was over due for one so I won't count the PTO.
Just putting that out there for thought.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2