The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Potential Mariah 19SX owner (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/7690-potential-mariah-19sx-owner.html)

LifeIsGood 01-05-2013 12:51 PM

Potential Mariah 19SX owner

Hello Mariah owners! Although technically not an owner yet, I'm headed in that direction. I am looking at a 2007 Mariah 19SX showing only 34 hours on the engine. The low hours are offset by the fact that it is fithy, having been stored outdoors for some time with a shredded cover. It will need a very thorough detailing. Hard to tell if it is purely cosmetic or if there has been damage to the gelcoat. I have the boat for the weekend and will see how well it cleans up (select portions of upholstery and hull) as well as take it for a lake test.

In looking up the NADA value, I'm seeing two engine options that include 4.3l:
136-200 hp (3.0 - 4.3)
201-230 hp (4.3 - 5.0)

The info on the engine reads:
Model: MCM 4.3l
Displacement: 262 CID
Serial #: 0W623492 (first digit is zero or letter 'o')
Family: 6m9xm04.32VC
Manufactures: Feb 2006

The current owner seems to think this is the 201hp engine (thus an upgrade and increases value). Can anyone confirm and provide additional detail on the engine?

Assuming it cleans up well and runs well, I'll be proceeding with negotiations. NADA shows the following values:
Low Avg
200hp: 11,140 12,740
201+ hp 12,080 13,680

This is without adjustment for low hours on engine or any options (few as best I can tell).

I would appreciate insights on the engine and value.

Thanks in advance and hope to be posting a lot more in the near future!

LifeIsGood

mikeyt 01-05-2013 01:57 PM

Re: Potential Mariah 19SX owner

If the motor is a 4.3 MPI version then i believe it puts out 220hp. As for the filth & shredded cover etc., that tells me the boat (and likely its mechanicals) was not looked after or well maintained and for me would have a significant effect on the amount i offered. Dont trust the NADA values completely. Do a Google search on a 2007 SX19 and see what values come up. This is not a good time of year to be a boat seller so take that into account when you consider making an offer.

LifeIsGood 01-05-2013 02:42 PM

Thanks for reply but how do I determine if it is the 'MPI' version? The tag on the motor says 'MCM 4.3l'. I'm definitely taking into consideration the condition and the time of year. Asking price is $10k but I hope to get it lower.

Thanks,
LifeIsGood

mikeyt 01-05-2013 03:29 PM

According to Mercury Marines webapps site, that serial number indicates the motor is a 4.3 carbed version and not an MPI. Carbed versions are 190hp.

Andy b 01-05-2013 03:42 PM

Get it surveyed.
Neglected boats can be a whole world of pain! (and expensive)
Be very sure you know what you’re buying.

LifeIsGood 01-05-2013 11:05 PM

I was really hoping to take it on the lake tomorrow but after some research on draining instructions and taking a look at the engine, I'm not feeling confident I can safely drain it. For starters, I'm not sure I found the right service manual. One is for 4.3l 262 CID but it shows a year range of 1998-2001 - manual #25. The other is for the right year but is specifically for the MFI engine - manual #32.

I should be able to confirm which instructions are correct by simply looking at the engine but there is no room to work in the engine compartment. Tomorrow morning I'll remove the carpeted 'walls' on both sides of the engine which should give me better visibility.

As far as cleaning up the boat itself, the gelcoat seemed to clean up fairly well as did the upholstery but there were some areas I could not get as clean as I would like. I tried ammonia on the upholstery. Does anyone have recommendations on how to remove tough mildew stains?

Thanks,
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood 01-16-2013 03:41 AM

Can someone point me to the correct service manual for a:
Mercruiser
Model: MCM 4.3l
Displacement: 262 CID
Serial #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Family: 6m9xm04.32VC
Manufactures: Feb 2006

ColoradoDiablo 01-16-2013 04:50 AM

The manual you need is in the "Service , Repair , Operating Manuals" forum.
They are all available for "Contributing Members".
Check it out here:
The Mariah Owners Club - FAQ: Mariah Owners Club FAQ
If your looking for a hard copy you need to get Mercruiser manual #90-864261. Sorry but that is the only number I can find for your setup.
Here is where I got that number from:
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...pport+Material

mashymariah 01-17-2013 09:43 PM

As for the tough mildew stainsand they are on upholstery, try Magic Erasers. They did a brilliant job on my upholstery. there are plenty of posts about them in forum. Good luck