Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New member just purchased

Introductions

Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #11

PCap is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1998
My Model: Shabah 302
My Engine: 8.1 bravo III
Gallery Images: 0

Send PCap:
a Private Message

Default Re: New member just purchased

I just read my post Sorry about the spelling errors posted from my smart phone standing next to my boat aggrevated as hell!

Thanks again for the hel thep boat and i going thru a tough time right now!!
  • Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #12

Reflex is currently offline
    My Model: Barchetta
    My Engine: 4.3L

Send Reflex:
    a Private Message

I'm a new owner as well. Hopefully you can fix your tank and not have to scrap the boat. Ive been doing all the work on my boat so far and am very impressed with how easy they are to work on. Granted mines not as big as yours but still.

A little tip on your trim issue. Make sure you check all your grounds. Mine is a 1994 and my ground block was coroded just enough where when you hit the switch the relays would click but nothing happened. after about 15 minutes of looking around and trying a few things I cleaned the ground plate and all the contacts and now it works like new.
    Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #13

Boatcrazy is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z302
    My Engine: 502 MPI / Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 548

Send Boatcrazy:
    a Private Message

If it is a bad tank, which I find very hard to believe considering the wall thickness of the tank it can be removed by unscrewing the center flooring and probably one of the seats bases. Most likely it is a fitting on the top of the tank causing your problem.What did the mechanic do to diagnose that it was the tank? There is a drain pipe that goes under the tank and the main cockpit area that runs from the engine bilge area to under the flooring in the cabin area. Look at one of my old posts and you can see pictures of what I found in that area. You may have a leak in the engine compartment and the fumes and or gas has made its way to under the cabin flooring.
    Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #14

Find me on the Map

Send PCap:
    a Private Message

OK just got back from meeting at Marina and Boatcrazy your right the fuel sender was missing screws and was pretty banged up the Mechanic felt the same thing. Since boat was out of the water the tank is now on an angle and overfilled so fuel started leaking out of sender holes. So we are crossing our fingers that’s all it is. New sender going in and gasket Yada yada. Outdrive was off bearings good just bellows shift cable trim sender and new paint job the barvo Three duo Prop is the one with the auxiliary cooling tubes kind of cool to have the better drive. Tomorrow new cast iron manifolds and risers replacing the aluminum and new starter and bildge pump work being done. Kind of excited because the few times I had her out she was great. So its coming along. A little more than I bargained for but with Mani and bellows I’m good for 5 years with proper maintenance which I’m into.
    I would do more myself but limiting it to electronics, cosmetics, and basic repairs for now so if I ever trade out this boat it will be solid with Marina backup and receipts.
    Thanks for the Drain pipe heads up. Im aware of the drain because I pulled the floor hatch out of the cabin myself because of the smell I felt the bildge had backed up and left a little fuel/ oil crud which it did but not the issue. Well I wanted to see under there anyway and pulled all the cushions and backrests from the interior for a real good cleaning the vinyl there is in great shape. I’m also replacing all of the screws and finish washers as they were a hodge podge holding the floor in and other areas and because im nuts! Thanks Again
    Old 07-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #15

Find me on the Map

Send PCap:
    a Private Message

Hello again members

I've been busy but here's an update for those who care lol

Boat back in water and running and looking great first major cleaning had fantastic results inside and out wow was this boat neglected but it's a testament to Mariah build quality how this took a licking and now looks great.

Well all of the graphics are off except the Mariah name and large medallion which Ive already ordered new from a lead on this site thanks! they are more than presentable but the new ones will do her proud.

Gelcoat shines (red is tough) minimal holographing from old decals without wet sanding I highly recommend maGuires products simply blows away 3m on this boat. Vinyl came up to like new condition other than a few rips I'm not embarrassed of her but new vinyl is In the works for the off season. The power bolster seats really look and work great! Oh new bottom paint too.

Engine is now bulletproof new manifolds, risers, hoses, alternator, motor mounts, buldge pump, float switch, pulleys, starter, fuel vent, fuel sender, tank pumped and cleaned. The 496ho with thru hull exhaust sounds awesome captains call switch makes her sound tamer. (don't use it much,)

VHF in, new antenna in , bought inreach gps satellite communicator from ( check it out it does more than it says) and iPad based nav system,weather, radar and tide apps with cool mount. I also worked up a system that sends via blue tooth iTunes to a 4 channel amp feeding the on deck speakers. The existing Sony still in cabin for the second system. still have more to do in audio but to be able to send iTunes wirelessly makes a clean dash mount. I think I'm going to work around this concept to complete the audio, gps, and possible engine monitoring systems. The merc has the smart tech output connector that feeds engine data via nema standards. Well I'll take pics soon I've been leaving the marina exhausted and keep forgetting.

Thanks for listening

Paul

I'm sure there is more but heading out tomorrow to aquapalooza she could use a little more detail, cleaning work but I'm going. To all of you who checked her out when she was on eBay you would, swear its not the same boat,,
    Old 07-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #16

Oregondunes is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 2000
    My Model: Z302 Bow Rider
    My Engine: 7.4 bravo3
    Gallery Images: 36

Send Oregondunes:
    a Private Message

wheres all the pics of your progress ?
    Old 07-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #17