The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   A Mariah Virgin (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/7091-mariah-virgin.html)

Slick02 07-02-2012 04:01 PM

A Mariah Virgin

Greetings, my wife and I just purchased a 1994 Z210 Talari thats all original and this looked look a good place to start with getting information and advise on the boat,,I know theres protocal on forums being as I'm a member of several others so here I am introducing myself,,My name is Nick and I hail from Central Florida (Apopka)

ShabahZ280 07-02-2012 04:59 PM

Re: A Mariah Virgin

Welcome to the board Nick, and congrats on your "new" Mariah! Make yourself at home, and if you've got any questions, feel free to ask. We're a friendly bunch, and we're all here to help! :wink_thumbup:

Slick02 07-02-2012 05:13 PM

First thing I gotta go is put an impeller in the outdrive and find a prop,,it came with a dogeared aluminum pos on it and I'm not sure what size to start at...lol

mikeyt 07-03-2012 01:17 AM

Welcome aboard Nick. That 'dog-eared aluminum pos' may give you the answer regarding what prop should go back on it. You can always make use of Mercruisers online prop selector or go visit our Prop Talk forum.

Slick02 07-03-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 37253)
Welcome aboard Nick. That 'dog-eared aluminum pos' may give you the answer regarding what prop should go back on it. You can always make use of Mercruisers online prop selector or go visit our Prop Talk forum.

I started trying to use it yesterday, but I can find no reference numbers on mine so that I know where to start..:yes_grin:,,but last night my neighbor loaned me a Stiletto 14x17 to try so that I have some reference point..

Slick02 08-09-2012 04:52 PM

Well, finally got to use my boat with the wife and I making a St Johns river run of about 25 miles, the 17 Stiletto wasn't enough prop, so I talked to Mike at Halls Propeller and we came up with a Michigan 21 pitch that he cut down to about a 19-20 with some extra cupping, the boat planes out well and pulls 4700 rpms at wot. so I would have to say were pretty close,,still got a few other bugs to work out tho...its always something,,the next thing is to figure out where the acess to the fuel pickup/sending unit is. Any suggestions would be appricated.

truckingeorgia79 08-10-2012 12:25 AM

@ slick: I'm pretty sure it's under the bench seat. You have to open the engine compartment then pull the bench seat forward(there is a hinge at the forward end that will allow it to come forward and out of the way). Then there should be another panel that should be screwed down on either side. Remove the screws and open the panel and there is your fuel tank. If it's like mine your fuel pickup should be right there on top.

Slick02 08-10-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckingeorgia79 (Post 38373)
@ slick: I'm pretty sure it's under the bench seat. You have to open the engine compartment then pull the bench seat forward(there is a hinge at the forward end that will allow it to come forward and out of the way). Then there should be another panel that should be screwed down on either side. Remove the screws and open the panel and there is your fuel tank. If it's like mine your fuel pickup should be right there on top.

Thanks,,this weekends project...lol:wink_thumbup: