Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Parasailing with 92 Shabah

Introductions

Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #1

canadabob is currently offline
My Year: 92
My Model: Shabah 21
My Engine: 4.3 alpha
Gallery Images: 0

Send canadabob:
a Private Message

Question Parasailing with 92 Shabah

Hi everyone..

I am a newbie here and have just purcahsed a (new to me) 21 Shabah and i am very impressed... My last boat was a 22 Starcraft Islander aluminum hull.

The shabah looks very functional from a usuage pount of view. I am looking to water ski, salmon fish and parasail : )

I have spent quite a few hours on this site and must say it is great...

I have been over the wake board tower posts and am contenplating instaslling a winch (release only) on my Shabah to increase the saftey and functionality for parasailing. I have done a lot of research on parasailing and the pull required is aproximately that of 2 to 3 water skiers. I have had 7 water skiers up (deep water start) before behind a 19 foot Searay (175 Evenrude) many years ago.. A combination of kids and adults..The pull of seven people is a lot for most transoms..

Aluminum boats usually have an issue with flloor and transom rot and need to be replaced based on the fact the plywood losses its ply with age based on the glue coming unglued The upside on the aluminum hulls is that it is easy to do.. Not sure about the Mariah desgin on this..

I am trying to undestand the hull characteristics of the Shadah from a design point of view. Most aluminum boats have two long stringers or headers that are about 24-36" that run down the center of the hull and ribs to the outside... The headers are what the engine mounts attach to..

The load or force transfer from the boat should really be the point of contact from the I/O drive contact to the boat i.e transom..

My issiue with parasailing and lauching with a winch is not the constant pull but rather the peak pull you could potentially get with a rogue gust of wind... A 28' shoot and a 30 mile gust from now where means a bit more than 3 skiers of pull..

I would appreciate any input on design and strength chasracteristics on the Shabah from anyone that mihgt have any experience from tripod mounting (state of the art 25 years ago or serious water ski towing etc...

Many thanks,