Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Seeking Knowledge

Introductions

Old 11-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #11

David Ward is currently offline
My Year: 1997
My Model: Z221 Talari
My Engine: 5.7L Bravo III
Gallery Images: 0

Send David Ward:
a Private Message

Default Lotsa Help

All great points you've made - I think I'll start looking for a 24' Mariah. Anyone here that knows of a good one for sale, let me know!!
  • Old 11-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #12

dwmax is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 2001
    My Model: Shabah 212 Limited
    My Engine: 350 mag with alpha one
    Gallery Images: 17

Send dwmax:
    a Private Message

I dont know of any but i am sure you will find what you are looking for .I also think you will be extremely happy with the mariah boats. Happy hunting
    Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #13

Z 202 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Mariah Shabah 202
    My Engine: 5.7L Alpha 1
    Gallery Images: 6

Send Z 202:
    a Private Message

I've pulled an adult on a tube with 3 other adults and four kids (8-17) in the boat.

Gotta like the V8 power.

I'd have to agree though. 27' is a bit big if it's a primarily watersports boat.

My Shabah is using what the hybrids are saving!
    Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #14

MariahMan is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 2001
    My Model: 252 Shabah
    My Engine: Volvo Penta 5.7GXi, DP
    Gallery Images: 211

Send MariahMan:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 View Post
    Our other admin, MariahMan has a 25' that he uses for wakeboarding. Maybe he'll chime in with his experiences.

There's no doubt the 27' would be much more comfy for the family. You'll have the room to keep everyone happy. And always remember, you'll always want bigger. So get what you want first! But just remember, with the size comes with added expense of harbor fees, plus a tow vehicle if you plan to travel with it.
    Sorry for th late response. I didn't get a chance to read this thread until today.

I guess to echo the sentiment of everyone else, you really have to decide on a boat size based upon YOUR intended uses. A 27' boat for wake boarding i'd say is probably pushing the max size. I honestly don't know enough to say "no, that boat will be terrible for wakeboarding" or "yes, it'll work just fine." If it were me and i was looking for a boat to do wakeboarding and water sports, i'd keep the size 25' and under. If you look at the competition boats for wakeboarding and water skiiing, you'll find that most are 22'-23' and only the large versions are 25'.

My family has a 252 Shabah that we use on Lake Chelan, Washington, and various other lakes around. The boat is rated for 12 people and we usually have at least 6 people, if not more, out on the boat at any time. We do a lot of wakeboarding and inner tubing and we've yet to say "i wish we wad a bigger boat to do this" because the 252 is very spacious.

If you are serious about wakeboarding and want to do things like clearing the wake and learn tricks, then a crisp wake is absolutely necessary. I see a lot of guys going down the lakes with towers stuck on their bayliners, trying to pull wakeboarders. Needless to say, the wake is nearly non existent and the wakeboarder is simply cruising around. The boats are almost always going way to fast for wakeboarding as well.

We've found that the Mariah hull design puts out about a 2' wake (at least) that is very crisp and has a nice roll to it. It does take some finessing of the trim and throttle and moving weight (people) around to get it to this point, but once you get it there you'll find that not even a competition boat can match it enless they are running a couple hundred pounds of fat sacks. You will be trimming up at least half way and the front end of you're boat will be very high as you plow through the water at about 18-21 mph.

I hope that information helps in your decision. I wish i could offer you more solid information on the 27' but i have never been in one nor seen the wake to really know if you'll be happy with it for wakeboarding.

Oh, you are going to need a tower as well if you are serious about wakeboarding. I suggest doing some runs off the rear tie point and then get a tower installed and you'll notice a huge difference. It's pretty amazing how much better and enjoyable the tower makes wakeboarding. It'll launch you right out of the water Also adds storage for wakeboards as well.

Keeps us posted on what you end up deciding on. Feel free to post any other questions you got!

ThunderShark Web Solutions
    PM or email me if you need hosting or community support.

Last edited by MariahMan; 11-15-2007 at 03:31 PM.