Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

A-nod-er newby

Introductions

Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 AM   #1

Toyman is currently offline
My Year: 1995
My Model: Z225
My Engine: 7.4 Bravo 1
Gallery Images: 0

Send Toyman:
a Private Message

Default A-nod-er newby

Greetings to all. I just recently purchased a 95 Z225 with the 7.4 Bravo 1 with 320hrs.

The boat was misrepresented stating there were no issues what so ever with it.

First time out we noticed the Captin's call was only functioning on the starboard side. A closer look revealed it had a Corsar silenoid zip tied open as it was not functioning. A call to Corsar and I find out the four wired units are no longer available. I had to order two of the new three wire units with plug-n-play wiring harness at near $400. So if anyone needs a good four wire silenoid let me know.

Next thing we noticed was the Lowerance depth finder does not read accurately. No manual so I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this.

The next issue was the cuddy lights overhead and on the sides would not turn on reguardless what acc. switch etc. was flipped. Bulbs are good and there is power to the bulb just no ground. Hope I can find a loose ground somewhere.

Other issues;

Wiper motor will not run.
Defroster duct had fell off.
I'd be real suprised if the speedometer was even close to being accurate as it does not feel like the boat is going 67mph @ 4800rpm with a SS 21 pitch x 15" Mirage

The dude offered me my money back if I wanted out but would not coff up any cash refund.

I really like the boat so come %*#* and high water I'll get these issues resolved (possibly from those that visit this site).

I'll be doing my homework to see if there are posts related to my issues.
  • Old 05-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #2

brimerianzan is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1994
    My Model: 225 Davanti
    My Engine: 5.7 Alpha

Send brimerianzan:
    a Private Message

Default Re: A-nod-er newby

I feel your frustration, sounds like your getting a handle on it. I have come to the conclusion that there will always be something on my boat repair list. But after I get to know my boat better I will be more in control of the situation because my repair list will be petty issues and I will be more pro active than last owner. Bought boat 2 months ago, convinced wife to double our boat budget so I wouldn't be buying a fixer upper. And even after I had marine mechanic inspect and had seller rebuild the carburetor, replace trim sensors, replace batteries. We've only been out twice, so far had to replace the impeller, had to rewire the batteries, had to diagnosis a electrical problem. Hang in there and this club is very helpful and therapeutic.
    Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #3

Dredd is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1993
    My Model: MX-19 - Sold
    My Engine: 4.3

Send Dredd:
    a Private Message

Just sounds like the PO was a bit neglectful and 'handy' at the same time. Often the case with stuff I buy too but, after some TLC things will look up. Nothing sounds major.
    67 does sound pretty fast for a Mariah hull but I bet that setup does scoot. I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually pretty close to accurate. Let us know if you GPS it.
    Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #4

Toyman is currently offline
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Z225
    My Engine: 7.4 Bravo 1

Send Toyman:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brimerianzan View Post
    I feel your frustration, sounds like your getting a handle on it. I have come to the conclusion that there will always be something on my boat repair list. But after I get to know my boat better I will be more in control of the situation because my repair list will be petty issues and I will be more pro active than last owner. Bought boat 2 months ago, convinced wife to double our boat budget so I wouldn't be buying a fixer upper. And even after I had marine mechanic inspect and had seller rebuild the carburetor, replace trim sensors, replace batteries. We've only been out twice, so far had to replace the impeller, had to rewire the batteries, had to diagnosis a electrical problem. Hang in there and this club is very helpful and therapeutic.
    I can relate. In the past I've shopped for those bargain deals knowing up front I was buying a project. As my spare time has become more valueable to me and far to many projects have accumulated I opted to find a boat that was suppose to not be one. Fortunately the issues with this one are not to serious and hopefully will be resolved soon. This memorial weekend will be spent touring the very beautiful Beaver Lake, Arkansas.