The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New owner and club member, z202 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/3724-new-owner-club-member-z202.html)

afrehn 02-20-2010 03:06 AM

New owner and club member, z202

Hi all, great to see an owners site! Just picked up my first Mariah, a 2000 Z202 Shabah. Bought it from the bank as a repo for 6K Canadian. Its powered by a 5.0 Merc and Alpha Drive. I am looking for the glove box cover and the left side faux mahogany hinged bin cover. I cant believe how much bling is in thios boat from power seat to power stern light to windshield blower to shore power system, it goes on and on. I think I got a beautiful boat for the money!

ShabahZ280 02-21-2010 02:41 PM

Re: New owner and club member, z202

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your "new" Mariah. As far as replacing your glove box cover and hinged cover, they were made from vacuum formed ABS plastic and were made in-house at Mariah. When the plant closed, all the molds and tooling were sold at auction. So replacing this part might prove to be a challenge.

When i first bought my boat, the wood finished dashboard was cracked. Since these parts don't exist anymore, I had to have it repaired. I did a whole writeup of the process, you can read about it here.

Dashboard Removal and Refinishing

Hang around here, we might be able to try and help you figure out a solution. :wink_thumbup:

Bill 02-23-2010 06:39 PM

Hi
welcome to the club
You did get a good deal on that boat. My son and I looked at that same boat and almost bought it for 9,500 and we thought that was a good price:) But my son wanted the bigger one that we ended up buying Z222 We also have a dash lid problem It must be a faulty design in those boats. We are very anxious to try it out in the spring.
I suggest you checkout the gel-coat on the bottom before you launch and maybe touch it up, its got a few scratches about 3-4' from the stern.
Other then that have a good boating season to come
regards Bill

mikeyt 02-23-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrehn (Post 20441)
Hi all, great to see an owners site! Just picked up my first Mariah, a 2000 Z202 Shabah. Bought it from the bank as a repo for 6K Canadian. Its powered by a 5.0 Merc and Alpha Drive. I am looking for the glove box cover and the left side faux mahogany hinged bin cover. I cant believe how much bling is in thios boat from power seat to power stern light to windshield blower to shore power system, it goes on and on. I think I got a beautiful boat for the money!

If you got that boat for $6k here in Canada and there is nothing else wrong other than what you mentioned then you got a terrific deal. :wink_thumbup:

As for the 2 items you mentioned, ShabahZ250 was on the money. I've seen a glove box door on e-bay once in about 5 yrs and most end up having to repair what they have. Another option would be to make one out of teak or mahogany or ???

Bill 02-23-2010 09:00 PM

Mikey
Thanks for the idea, teak or mahogany would make a great cover and would stand up as well. I was going to try to reinforce it with fiberglass But I just might try your idea instead.
Regards Bill