Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New Member Introduction

Introductions

Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #1

daveraymyers is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1995
My Model: 190 Talari
My Engine: 4.6LX Alpha I Gen II
Gallery Images: 15

Send daveraymyers:
a Private Message

Default New Member Introduction

Hello all,
My name is Dave Myers and I am from the San Francisco Bay Area (California). My son and I are finally on our way after a summer long search for the right boat to pick up our 1995 Mariah Talari 19 foot boat. My wife and I have been boatless for 13 years just due to a very busy life with our 4 boys. We will be driving about 442 miles to pick her up on Tuesday August 25th, 2009!

Once we found a Mariah, my son and I started doing research on the Internet about Mariah Boats, and after all the research, temptations, and disappointments, we could not see buying any other boat!

Tomorrow will be a long day, but in the end it will be worth it. I look forward to meeting all of you online and talking about Mariah Boats!

I am thrilled that I found this site!

Thanks,
Dave Myers
  • Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #2

Calakeboater is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Calakeboater:
    a Private Message

Default Re: New Member Introduction

Hello Dave. Welcome.

Where in the Bay area do you live? I live in the Diablo Valley ( Pleasant Hill ) Good luck with the road trip, hope all goes well. You'll love your new Mariah.

Take Care...................Calakeboater
    Ron
    Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #3

Find me on the Map

Send daveraymyers:
    a Private Message

Hi Ron,
    We live in San Jose.

Thanks,
    Dave Myers
    Old 08-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #4

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

welcome to the board Dave, and congrats on your "new" Talari!

Seems us Mariah owners are all willing to drive hundreds, even thousands of miles to pick up our boats, that shows how loyal we all are!
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 08-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #5

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Welcome to the club Dave and congratulations on becoming a Mariah owner!

442 miles, not bad, I'm still jelouse of Ron, just 45 minutes for his Mariah.... me, I'm one of those crazy, thousands of miles member, geez, I think I may hold the record for the longest distance to pickup a Mariah... ouch!).

Now as a new member, we expect pictures of your Talari, so clean her up and get those pics up on the gallery real soon, OK, I'm joking, you can take your time

Anyway, we're over in the East Bay not too far from Ron. You said San Jose, mind if I ask where where do you like to boat?

We've decided to do a day trip to Lake Berryessa on Saturday, Labor Day weekend. It would be great to meet up with some local members like you, calakeboater, J192 or pengal (we're all Bay Area members according to the Member Map). If anyone is interested in getting together next Saturday, just shout.

WetWilly

Last edited by WetWilly; 08-29-2009 at 08:47 AM.
    Old 09-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #6

Find me on the Map

Send daveraymyers:
    a Private Message

Default Update - New Member Introduction

Hi all!
    It's been a very busy time since purchasing our Mariah! My son and I had quite a time bringing her home. We left at 3:15AM on Tuesday, and didn't pull her into the driveway until 9:40PM on Wednesday!! What a trip - but well worth it! Here's a re-cap of our trip:

Left at 3:15AM on Tuesday and arrived at the owner's home at 12:20PM. Fell in love with her instantly! Spent some time going through the entire boat and got some great tips and such from Dennis, the previous owner. Him and his wife were great people.

Had some electrical issues in getting the trailer hooked up to the boat, and finally left the owner's house around 5:30PM. Then at around 6:15PM or so, as we're driving down the freeway, one of the tires blew!!!! Dennis had warned us that the tires were around 4 years old, but we both agreed that she should make the trip home because at least visually, the tires looks good.

When the tow truck came out, two of the lug nut bolts snapped, and a third one stripped. Ended up having to put her on a flat bed truck and towed to a nearby tire store where my son and I stayed for the night.

In the morning when the tire store opened, we purchased all new tires, then took her over to another shop to have the lug nut bolts replaced, and had the entire trailer inspected. We were finally ready to head home around 12:30PM, and pulled her into the driveway at 9:40PM Wednesday night.

Though it was a very challenging trip, I kept thinking "it is worth it!".

Since bringing her home, I've been very busy in getting her ready. Because of what had happened with the trailer (which I love just as much as the boat), I wanted to go through and replace things like the oil and filters. Detailed the boat, both inside and out - top to bottom - bow to stern, and getting all the safety stuff installed and making sure I had a home for all the tools and gear that I will need to have on the boat.

I was so excited while getting her ready, that I even came up with some additional side projects along the way. The first one was making some custom wheel chocks that match the boat and trailer - including the Mariah logo and pin striping! I'll get some pictures of these uploaded soon. The second mini project was creating a secondary prop base that I have stored in the dry storage area of the back engine. This little thing, of course matches the boat , let's me have a spare prop on board in the event something happens, and it's neatly tucked away and secure so I never have to remind myself "did I put the spare prop in the boat?".

We had our first voyage on September 19th, 2009. Myself and three of my sons, along with a good friend of ours, went to Don Pedro and spent an entire 8 hours on the water! We left at 6:15AM and did not get home until 12:15AM!!! She ran better then she looks, I was really really impressed! Our friend gave us several tips on launching and recovery, and also taught us how to ski!!!! It was an awesome day!!!!

Our next trip with be a half day trip on the 26th to Lake Anderson. Going to take my brother-in-law and his son out for a half day of tubing. Then, we're heading back to Don Pedro for a full weekend of fun on October 2nd through the 4th. Can't wait for this one!!!!

I'll be posting more images and updates now that things have settled down.

Happy boating!
    Dave Myers