Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

new mariah

Introductions

Old 05-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #1

darrell is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 0

Send darrell:
a Private Message

Smile new mariah

howdy ya'll, darrell here. new to the site. just bought a 95 mariah 212. looks to be in good condition, no owners manual with it though,can someone help me out with that? got a 95 mariah new boat pamphelet, all the mercruise manuals, and the mariah blue material holder. the backs of the seats were however broken, so i took them out and re-inforced them with fiber-glass inside and out, anyone else have that problem? no hr meter on boat but it's been in storage for 5 yrs and don't look like it has many hrs on it. this is my first inboard outboard and don't know anything about them, it's a v-6. thanks,
  • Old 05-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: new mariah

hi Darrell

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have the 4.3L or 4.3LX Mercruiser? The seatback issue is rare but not unheard of. I guess only the prior owner may know how the damage occurred. Good to hear you received most of the documentation that came with the boat but note that the Owners manuals are very generic and offer little model specific information. Treat the boat like you would a car that has sat for 5 yrs. Change all of the fluids, lubricate the steering cable & outdrive, make sure the battery is up to snuff, give it a fresh tank of gas, check the condition of the outdrive bellows (no cracks/splits) and make sure the bung hole plug is in place before you put her in the water! You might be best to put a set of muffs on the outdrive and fire it up in your driveway first once all of the above is done. Like any boat, it can become expensive if you dont maintain her.

There are some extra benefits to becoming a contributing member on our site. Click on "Donate" above and all will be explained.

If you have any specific questions, do a quick 'search' on the topic and if you're still having trouble finding an answer, post your questions in the appropriate forum & there are lots of members here willing to help you out.
    Old 05-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #3

darrell is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    Gallery Images: 0

Send darrell:
    a Private Message

Thanks Mikey, am going to check all of that stuff today. Already fired it up at the storage fatility where i bought it from. fired up ok and seemed to shift ok and all the fluid levels were good, however, i will change all the fluids and lube steering sytem, how do i check the boot for cracks? just spray water up in there i suppose? put the plug in last night,lol, and a sony stereo as someone stoled the stereo out of it while in storage, i made a really nice wood faceing for the stereo to replace the broken plastic they tore up to get the stereo out. thanks, darrell
    Old 05-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #4

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

For the boot you will need to simply get close & personal with it. Spread each of the folds apart & look for splits in the creases.

Damm thieves...