Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New to the Club!

Introductions

Old 08-13-2007, 11:13 PM   #1

smahoneykansas is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send smahoneykansas:
a Private Message

Default New to the Club!

Hello All!

We just recently purchased a 1996 Z285 (not sure I got that part right) Mariah Jubilee and are loving it. Poor girl sat in a dock for way too long and when we got her all cleaned up, she just shines! Some minor work to do such as fix the sink pump, which by the way, we're still trying to figure out how to get to, and do some small upholstery work. Otherwise, she's in good shape. Anyhow, it was great to find this site and all the work everyone has done to get it up and running. We are looking for a owner's manual and hoping maybe someone has one they are willing for us to purchase a copy of.

Thanks again!
  • Old 08-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #2

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Welcome to the Club! I think you'll find this a great site for everything you need to know! Mariah only made the Jubilee's in 21ft and 24ft sizes, usually the Jubilee model numbers end in 4's. 214 and 244 are the most common. They are a very unique boat, and not too many of them exist on the water anymore! So you'll have to post some pics in the Gallery!

What's wrong with your sink pump? Most of the one's I've seen integrated into the Mariah's are manual pumps. Meaning there's some sort of container that it uses water from and you have to pump it to get the water out. The one on my Z250 uses a 2 gallon plastic water container. It connects to the sink with a hose and some clamps, and then the side lever on the sink is used to pump the water. The only electric pump system I think exist is on the transom mounted shower pumps or the water systems on the larger cruisers, the 280MCC & 308MCC's.

We've got all kinds of resources, including owners manuals & just about everything else you can ask for, but you must become a contributor to gain access to the good stuff. You can get the info by clicking the "Donate" button on the top of the forum.

Once again, welcome to the board, and we hope you enjoy it!
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #3

smahoneykansas is currently offline
    Gallery Images: 0

Send smahoneykansas:
    a Private Message

Default Re: New to the Club

Thanks for the response. You're right, ours is a 24', so it makes sense the number would end in a "4". Believe it or not, everything on that boat is electric, the sink, hatch, seat-everything. With the sink, the pump works (or at least you can hear it when you push the button) but no water comes out. We think it maybe clogged somewhere in the system, but everything is enclosed making it very difficult to follow the lines and hoses. That being said, we've only had her two weeks so we still have alot of exploring to do.

One last question, I certainly understand making a donation, but was having a little difficultly following the grid. For the owner's manual, if it's available, what is the appropriate donation?

Thanks again!

Susan
    Old 08-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #4

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Let's see now....donation for a manual...hmmmm...should run you about 12 cases of beer i think and you can bring it to our initial owners meeting in southern Spain at Colin T's place.

Seriously though, following the grid is relatively simple. Each of the 'x' areas are benefits you get with becoming a contributor/donator to the website and each of the other areas provide increasing benefits with the more you contribute. The platinum guys / gals get the best of everything including autographed pics of our admin guys to attach to your dartboard. Your need (at present) for a manual is just a start. Think about how much knowledge there is to be gained here and contribute accordingly. You wont ever regret it.
    Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 AM   #5

Colin T is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1998 SC21 5L
    Gallery Images: 3

Send Colin T:
    a Private Message

Default who said my name

tell him to chill the beer it gets hot here
    12 cases fine for me but what about the rest of you