The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   seat pans (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/1958-seat-pans.html)

barchetta 182 12-23-2008 03:17 AM

seat pans

hey all, sweat sight..as all of you do to..i love my boat..shes a 95 barchetta 182..

will add pics later... i have small problem with my seats...the pans are fiberglass..well..both broken..I know theres tons of boats seats out there..but i would love to keep original..Does anyone know or have some old seat pans for sale..a few years ago i found some seats on ebay...if only i knew then...

anything will help thanx:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 12-23-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barchetta 182 (Post 11502)
hey all, sweat sight..as all of you do to..i love my boat..shes a 95 barchetta 182..

will add pics later... i have small problem with my seats...the pans are fiberglass..well..both broken..I know theres tons of boats seats out there..but i would love to keep original..Does anyone know or have some old seat pans for sale..a few years ago i found some seats on ebay...if only i knew then...

anything will help thanx:wink_thumbup:

nothing like asking for the moon is there... ;) I dont recall anyone here offering up an old seat or two for sale but you never know. I managed to get mine on e-bay last summer as they do come up there occasionally. The other option would be to take the seats apart & find an auto repair shop that does fibreglass repair (like for Corvettes etc). They should be able to do the repair & re-gelcoat it for you so that it looks new. Best of luck & Merry Christmas!

barchetta 182 12-23-2008 03:30 AM

thanx

the best part is ..now i have my feelers out..and just maybe ill get lucky....woot..

and the best to you and yours to my friend.

ShabahZ280 12-23-2008 10:51 AM

Repair is probably your best bet. Mariah made about 80% of the parts themselves, including all the stainless & aluminum hardware, dashes, molding, seats, etc. All those old parts were pretty much lost forever when the old Mariah plant auctioned off all the tooling and molds back in 2001. Like mikeyt said, occasionally one would show up on ebay, and literally fetch a small fortune. Check your local marinas for recommendations on fiberglass repair shops. Don't swap out the seats for something else, our boats are so beautiful in their original form. Have it repaired! Good luck with it, and keep us updated on what you decide to do! :wink_thumbup:

barchetta 182 03-03-2009 01:23 AM

Re: seat pans

I still havent fixed my seats yet but im working on it next month...just thought id reserect this post to see if maybe..(long shot) i can find some new pans...i found a glass guy that will add some reinforcment but hes a little high...So if anyone knows anyone who is parting out a mariah boat with the old style fiberglass seat pan..Please send them my way.....

thanx for your time...

canyon lake is the plaCE TO BE...WEEEEEEEE:punch_out:

WetWilly 03-03-2009 05:35 AM

Re: seat pans

I assume you mean your Glass Guy is expensive...if not, offer him a box of Twinkies and he'll have your seats fixed in no time! :rolling_laugh::rolling_laugh::rolling_laugh:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!!!!!!! :punch_out:

But really, MikeyT and ShabahZ250 are right, you have a much better chance of repairing them verses finding replacements. Have you tried any body shops that do work on Corvettes or other fiberglass cars? They may be a bit more affordable.

Good luck,
WetWilly