The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   first timer (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/170-first-timer.html)

aquaknot 08-07-2007 12:17 PM

first timer

first visit to this site. I'm a very proud owner of a 1999 Z222 7.4 EFI, cruisin' the Trent Severn in Ontario, Canada

MariahMan 08-07-2007 03:11 PM

Welcome to the club aquaknot! Great to have another Canadian join up. There are several others from Canada on here as well.

ShabahZ280 08-07-2007 03:34 PM

Welcome to the board aquaknot! Hope you enjoy it, and if you've got any questions, feel free to ask! We're all here to help.

Be sure to post some pics in the gallery! Directions are in the "Feature of the Month" section.

indykoch 08-07-2007 03:53 PM

Aquaknot,

Welcome! Sounds like an awesome boat!!! Can't wait to see those pictures.

Z 202 08-09-2007 12:52 PM

Welcome aquaknot.

Yes it seems this area of the world is quite well represented here on the forums.

mikeyt 08-15-2007 01:54 AM

Welcome to the club Aquaknot! The Trent-Severn is a lovely stretch of water and i think it's Diablo's stomping grounds too. I do most of my boating a little further north in the Point Au Baril area on G-Bay but i've made the occasional 'foray' down the Trent.

180diablo 08-15-2007 01:00 PM

I heard my name ... * goes stomping * :D

Depending on where abouts aquaknot is along the Trent, we might be able to meet up and have a mini "Mariah-Raft" ... lol.

aquaknot 08-15-2007 02:20 PM

any excuse to cruise in my Mariah is OK with me! I'm located on Cameron Lake near the Rosedale locks. I travelled south on the Trent to Stoney lake two weeks ago, stayed at the Viamede resort for the evening and back the next day (great run). Last yaer I travelled thru the Kirkfield lift lock (giant bathtub) and on to Lake Simcoe, had a blast running that lake, although we ran into a storm, lost all visibilty, thank God for the boat GPS and VHF, bounced around like a cork and just idled towards my heading for 10 minutes then the storm passed and out came the sunny skies. Quite an experience. A Mariah meet would be worth investigating, keep me posted

180diablo 08-15-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaknot (Post 679)
any excuse to cruise in my Mariah is OK with me! I'm located on Cameron Lake near the Rosedale locks. I travelled south on the Trent to Stoney lake two weeks ago, stayed at the Viamede resort for the evening and back the next day (great run). Last yaer I travelled thru the Kirkfield lift lock (giant bathtub) and on to Lake Simcoe, had a blast running that lake, although we ran into a storm, lost all visibilty, thank God for the boat GPS and VHF, bounced around like a cork and just idled towards my heading for 10 minutes then the storm passed and out came the sunny skies. Quite an experience. A Mariah meet would be worth investigating, keep me posted

Yep that would be the one reason why im hesitant about taking on simcoe in a 18footer... lol. Open bow, no gps, no vhf on my vessel (currently). I would be like a sitting duck out there. :)

Cameron lake is a good boats drive away from Sparrow. Simcoe would be about the half way point between us. Couchchiching would be easier for us to get to. Since we only have to pass one lock.

Hmmm Cameron lake .... I think there is a former Mariah dealership out on that lake somewhere and I "think" that is where my boat was purchased from.. lol.

moondance100 08-25-2007 01:53 AM

With all these Canadians (or is it Canadiens?), we're going to have to make Molsen or LaBatts our official beer!:D