Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Hello!

Introductions

Old 07-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #1

MtTalari is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send MtTalari:
a Private Message

Default Hello!

New guy here. This is a great website. Thanks to those who make it possible. I am currently in the process of purchasing my 4th boat (but FIRST Mariah). The dealer is actually an RV dealer consigning the boat, so I can't get real detailed information until I drive there to see it. What I do have is that it is a 1994 Mariah Talari 20' bowrider with a 5.7 mercruiser. They sent pretty good pics, and I have actually already obligated to buying it as I gave them a deposit today and they are holding it now. Anyway, dealer says the only problems are it is missing the radio head unit, there is a rip on the seam of the front bow cushion (I am sure where people step down when boarding from the bow end), and the far rear of the sundeck cushion is also starting to crack on the edge. Otherwise he says the power package runs like new and it does appear clean. Because this is a 20 footer and has a power seat and windshield wiper, would it be safe to say it is a Z200? It is on a single axle trailer. Anyway, I am looking for a manual or any information on this boat. Thanks.
  • Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #2

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Welcome to the board MtTalari, and thanks for the compliments on the site! Sounds like you've got a good boat lined up! From the sound of things, it appears to be a Z-series, but we'd need to see it to make the final call. If you can, post some pics for us to check it out! We all love drooling over each other's boats.

We've got all kind of helpful info here, including links to places that could repair your vinyl tears & cracks, so the boat would look brand new! We've also got manuals, brochures, and everything you'd ever need in our contributors section. Click the "Donate" button for more info on that!

Once again, welcome, and I hope everything works out!
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #3

bdbyrnes is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Talari z240
    My Engine: 7.4L V8 - Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 41

Send bdbyrnes:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MtTalari View Post
    New guy here. This is a great website. Thanks to those who make it possible. I am currently in the process of purchasing my 4th boat (but FIRST Mariah). The dealer is actually an RV dealer consigning the boat, so I can't get real detailed information until I drive there to see it. What I do have is that it is a 1994 Mariah Talari 20' bowrider with a 5.7 mercruiser. They sent pretty good pics, and I have actually already obligated to buying it as I gave them a deposit today and they are holding it now. Anyway, dealer says the only problems are it is missing the radio head unit, there is a rip on the seam of the front bow cushion (I am sure where people step down when boarding from the bow end), and the far rear of the sundeck cushion is also starting to crack on the edge. Otherwise he says the power package runs like new and it does appear clean. Because this is a 20 footer and has a power seat and windshield wiper, would it be safe to say it is a Z200? It is on a single axle trailer. Anyway, I am looking for a manual or any information on this boat. Thanks.
    Welcome! Sounds like a great boat; in the gallery section you can see where I reupholstered the sundeck cover and also the work I did with the radio surround area. Hit us with any questions once you see her in person.
    Corsa Performance Captains Call Exhaust
    Samson Sports Tower
    Old 07-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #4

Send MtTalari:
    a Private Message

Thanks guys. I am going to pick up the boat tomorrow. Always a bit leary of buying something over the internet. Looks like a nice boat in pics. I am sure I'll be turning to this site for information when I return!
    Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #5

Brian is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1994 Mariah Z200 Talari Merc 4.3L 180hp, Alpha 1
    Gallery Images: 21

Send Brian:
    a Private Message

Default Talari

Hello
    I also have a 20' talari open bow but with a 4.3L. It is an awesome boat that looks as good as many new boats out there. It sounds like a Z package. On the side of the windows mine has decals that say Z200 on each side. My craft gets many compliments and is thought to be of a newer year. This site has been an awesome source of material, help and humor. The boat tows and tracks very nicely and not to mention that we wish we would have bought a boat earlier in our life as the kids although older now cant wait to get out and just be on Mariah as they have named her.
    Let us know how it works out for you
    Old 07-20-2008, 02:42 AM   #6

Send MtTalari:
    a Private Message

Thanks for the reply. I just returned from a 500 mile trip to get the boat and brought it home. It sat in a boat slip at a large lake most of its life. Even though it used to have snap on covers at some point, they were missing when I bought her. We parked it in the garage and have been working on it for a week now. I used a compound on the gelcoat and brought it back to a like new finish, as well as using a leather/vinyl restore product and made the interior look new again! It was alot of work (something the prior owner didnt have time for apparently) but well worth it. I am going to throw some money at this thing and have my dream boat at a fraction of the cost of a new boat, for example: already ordered and/or received new trailer drum brakes, tires, and aluminum wheels, replacement aluminum diamond-tread step platforms for the trailer, a new bimini top, having new snap on cockpit and bow covers made, new storage cover, wakeboard tower, stereo system, and the minor things like replacement windshield wiper, cupholders, re-glue some of the Mariah Shield decals, etc. I will take some photos when done and add it to my profile. I love this boat!

P.S. The only real mechanical repair is a blown seal where the shifter rod goes into the lower unit. When in the up (towing) position it will leak a small amount of gear oil onto the ground. Probably not good, so I am having it repaired next week. Anybody else have the same problem?
    Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #7

All In is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1996 200 Shabah 4.3 Alpha 1

Send All In:
    a Private Message

I bought my Shabah off of the internet and love it to death. It is a 20 foot bowrider. I have been browsing the site now for 2 days and have learned more than I have in 2 years of owning. This site is truly great. I hope that I can contribute as much as I have learned.
    Old 07-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #8

bpfirrman is currently offline
    Find me on the Map

Send bpfirrman:
    a Private Message

Welcome newbies! Best way to keep up with all the "happenings" is to click on the new post tab in the nav bar everytime you visist. That will display all the new post in all subsections, there are usually interesting and helpful discussions in sections you would normally not check out. Downside to this site is seeing all these great Mariah's it is easy to infected with 2footitis.