Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

25 Years and Still Loving It

Introductions

Old 08-18-2020, 02:43 AM   #1

100thdeuce is currently offline
My Year: 1996
My Model: Z212 Shabah
My Engine: 5.7 Alpha I
Gallery Images: 0

Send 100thdeuce:
a Private Message

Default 25 Years and Still Loving It

Hi folks. I joined the forum a couple of years ago but have never posted. Just thought I'd say Hi.

We custom ordered our Z212 Shabah back in early 1995. Technically, it's a 1996 model by serial number but we took possession in Lexington Ky. the summer of 1995. I think it was July 4th weekend that we put it on the water at Green River Reservoir for the first time.

It was an amazing and beautiful boat the day we brought it home. I'm pretty meticulous with all my vehicles so today, Violet still looks and runs great. It has been the most trouble free boat I know of. Except for the occasionally sticky trailer trim button (which is a Mercruiser thing, not Mariah!) and a picky fuel sending unit, We've had virtually zero issues. I don't know about you guys, but this is pretty much in direct conflict with the whole 'boat is a hole in the water.....' adage most people quote.

So anyway, I wanted to say hello to my Mariah brethren. We saw another 95-96 Mariah Z on the water (Lake Hartwell) last weekend in the same Violet over Cream paint scheme that we own. It got me thinking about the other owners who are still enjoying these great boats. We were on our Yamaha Ski's so we tried to get close to them and see what model it was without freaking them out. I think it was a Talari, but not sure. It was fun to find it as there just aren't a lot of Mariah's (especially not Z's AND Violet/Cream) out there. Then too....how many folks special ordered and have owned one since new in '95?

Yep. I'm a fan!
GregT and Zippydoodah like this.
  • Old 09-01-2020, 10:38 PM   #2

Zippydoodah is currently offline

Send Zippydoodah:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 25 Years and Still Loving It

Wow, 25 yrs. I prototyped the Shabah boat with with Mark 8 wrap around dash. Great boat. Sure would enjoy seeing some pics of it.
    Old 09-05-2020, 01:27 AM   #3

Send 100thdeuce:
    a Private Message

Been crazy with some family stuff and haven't walked down to the dock for a couple of weeks. Hopefully next week will be different so I'll see if I can pull the cover and snap some pics then.
    Old 05-15-2022, 08:38 PM   #4

Send 100thdeuce:
    a Private Message

Okay....so it's been a while since you requested some pictures. I actually took these back in 2020 but just got around to coming back her to post them. MOVING VIOLETION is still looking pretty good. At just over 140 hours, it's almost a new boat.

Had an issue with the Captains Call thru-hull exhaust and so was on the dock getting that sorted (simple fix....one of the solenoid plugs came loose). Remembered I owed you some beauty shots. Hope you enjoy the pics. Cool that you did some of the work on the original boat design. That interior is so very fine, even today. It doesn't get dated, it just looks classic.

As you can see, I've done a bit of stereo work. Twin 15" Rockford Fosgate subs in sealed enclosures, each with individual RF 250 mono amps, 4 Boston Acoustic 6.5" with BA 2" tweeters through RF 150X4 amp running into selectable crossovers. It's an older Pioneer head so going to upgrade this summer to a current head unit with SiriusXM and Bluetooth.

Otherwise, the entire boat is bone stock.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 20200908_134732.jpg (138.8 KB, 6 views)
    File Type: jpg 20200908_134644.jpg (107.0 KB, 3 views)
    File Type: jpg 20200908_134617.jpg (96.1 KB, 4 views)
    File Type: jpg 20200908_134558.jpg (114.4 KB, 4 views)
    GregT likes this.