The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New Owner 99 Mariah Z252 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/12207-new-owner-99-mariah-z252.html)

1999MariahZ252 11-26-2018 01:15 AM

New Owner 99 Mariah Z252

Hello all. Introducing myself here. Frank from NJ. Do most of my boating on the Hudson River north of Stony Point. Picked up a 1999 Z252 from a family friend who unfortunately passed. Just brought it home today. Has a 7.4MPI and Bravo III. 275 Hours. In pretty good condition except some fading on the red parts of the hull. Needs some work. The hatch actuator doesnt seem to be be working, compass is way off. Any insight into this model would be wonderful. I am looking for an original brochure or any literature about the boat but its private on this site. Not sure if i need to reach a post limit or be a paying member.

mikeyt 11-27-2018 04:52 PM

Re: New Owner 99 Mariah Z252

You are shown as a 'Silver Contributor' to this site so you already have access to what documentation they have available. Grab it quick...

ShabahZ280 11-30-2018 12:53 AM

Welcome Frank, and congrats on your "new" Z252. The red hulls sure are a pretty boat, and you may be surprised with what some good compounding wax & polish and a rotary buffer would do for your faded hull. The hatch actuators are a common failure on these boats, especially since it's a 19 year old boat. Sometimes they just need a good internal cleaning, or sometimes they need a full replacement. The parts are still available, just do a search for "hatch actuator" for tons of info about them. The electronic compasses can sometimes get a little out of whack too, especially if there's been any electrical modifications or high end stereo equipment installed previously. There are calibration methods for the compasses, but my advice is to not rely on it as a navigation device. I had a Z250 for 6 years, which is the cuddy cabin version of the Z252, and our other admin MariahMan has a Z252, and we've got a number of others here with similar boats, so feel free to ask your questions in the "Original Mariah Talk" section of the forum and we'll try and help you out! :wink_thumbup:

1999MariahZ252 12-03-2018 06:09 PM

Thanks Z280 its not a red hull but had deep red accent color stripes. came with a never installed captains choice exhaust cutout and several covers including brand new bow and mooring covers and complete enclosure that was never put on. Motor runs perfect and bravo 3 also came with two brand new spare props. all in all im very excited and thankfully stole the boat for what i see they are going for. Cant wait for spring here in NJ/NY

ShabahZ280 12-06-2018 12:39 AM

Wow, sounds like you got a great deal, with tons of useful extras!! Congrats :wink_thumbup:
Most of us have our boats in hibernation currently, and the offseason is a great time to ask questions and get up to speed with everything with your Z252., We've combined some of the best Mariah resources, along with 11 years of posts here. If you've got questions, search the forum, chances are, we've either answered it before, or post your questions in our "Original Mariah Talk" forum and any of our 14,000 members worldwide may be able to help ya out!