The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   rescued a 99 Shabah 182 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/12160-rescued-99-shabah-182-a.html)

patacon 08-23-2018 01:24 PM

rescued a 99 Shabah 182

3 Attachment(s)
I picked up a 99 Shabah 182 from the original owner last week. Only 32.9 hours on the meter. He purchased it new. About 4 years ago he had it put it in storage. 2 years ago it was moved outdoors here in Central Texas and sat there since. It had the original covers installed plus an additional cover over that.

I pulled it home last week and have begun rehabbing the interior. The vinyl is in perfect shape, save for the mildew. I put a new battery in and all the electronics work as well. I should have the interior cleaned and ready to go within another week.

Now the motor- I have no idea what shape it's in. My plan is to swap the fluids and filters, fresh gas, mist the cylinders with oil, swap plugs, new impeller, and then take it down to the ramp and test it out.

Hopefully it's all there and doesn't require any major work....All in all, I couldn't pass up the deal for $1500!!

Has anyone rehabbed a boat out of long term storage that has some tips? It would be greatly appreciated!

mikeyt 08-23-2018 01:35 PM

Re: rescued a 99 Shabah 182

You're on the right path. Make sure though you have the bung plug installed before you attempt to launch it...

Towers1538 08-24-2018 12:31 AM

Wow! She looks great. Congrats! :thumbup:

That mildew cleaned up pretty nicely. What did you use on the upholstery?

patacon 08-24-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towers1538 (Post 65076)
Wow! She looks great. Congrats! :thumbup:

That mildew cleaned up pretty nicely. What did you use on the upholstery?

I used 1 cup of bleach in a gallon of water to wipe them down. Then I used magic erasers to clean them further. The staining is still there, but it looks damn good from 10 feet!

pole trick 08-24-2018 07:56 AM

Let it idle for 10 to 15 min just to let oil get move around good In engine. Take it on nice low rpm cruise for first hour or more. Run some seafoam in fuel to clean fuel system...may be few days before run heavy mix of seafoam in gas, on hose in drive way until engine reaches operation temp. Let sit for day or 2 so seafoam soaks in carb then go run it easy on lake..do to moisture causing mildew...the valves on some where open to cylinders may have flash rusted some..run at low rpms so they get cleaned off..and go have fun..check oil levels..it may be be fine..4.3 is a tough engine. Some guys reprime oil system if engine sat for long time..this you need oil pump prime tool snd drill. you have to pull distributor to do it. In my 180 no can do no room. Some people pull coil wire and crank over until engine makes oil pressure. Then hook wire up and start it.

patacon 01-28-2019 09:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And she's done!! Winter project completed a full two months early!! Time to enjoy her and then make some money....