The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New Owner (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/11742-new-owner.html)

jdm2000usa 08-22-2017 07:59 PM

New Owner

Hi everyone. I am the proud owner of a 2001 Z302. I'll probably have lots of questions in the next few weeks as I get familiar with the boat.

1brent1 08-23-2017 07:25 PM

Re: New Owner

Congrats! I'm also a newer owner of a 1999 z302, had it a few months now and been working on it non-stop and getting pretty familiar with it. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and help. My z302 only has 454mag mpi with bravo 1. Max speed 50. Wish mine had the 496 in it.

I was already somewhat familiar with it, my father bought one new in 2001 and owned it for 9 years before selling it to old member "Firth's Impression".

doaclnr 12-01-2017 01:43 AM

Hola, I have a 99. I have done some work on it but by no means a pro. If you have questions or suggestions we are all ears...

mikeyt 12-01-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaclnr (Post 64108)
............... we are all ears...

literally or figuratively?

jdm2000usa 12-01-2017 02:48 AM

Thanks guys! I've owned a saltwater dual outboard before so a lot of this boat is new to me. I was able to take her out 3 times before it got too cold. The only issue I have is there is a little belt squeal happening at a certain RPM range. Any ideas on how to fix that? I also have the 454 but with the Bravo 3.

No other issues at the moment but I'm sure I'll have some questions when I get her back on the water next year.

GaryDoug 12-01-2017 03:05 AM

Welcome. As for the belt, probably needs tightening unless it's a serpentine belt. If serpentine, then look at the belt tensioner (if it has one) to see if it still has the spring to it. One thing that has often worked for me, car or boat, is to take off the belt and flip it. Sometimes that makes them quiet again.

doaclnr 12-01-2017 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 64110)
literally or figuratively?

Both... :D

artomic 12-03-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm2000usa (Post 64111)
Thanks guys! I've owned a saltwater dual outboard before so a lot of this boat is new to me. I was able to take her out 3 times before it got too cold. The only issue I have is there is a little belt squeal happening at a certain RPM range. Any ideas on how to fix that? I also have the 454 but with the Bravo 3.

No other issues at the moment but I'm sure I'll have some questions when I get her back on the water next year.

Hi, I had a squeal from my serpentine belt and a couple of short sprays of WD40 anywhere on the inside of the belt stopped it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hudson River Steve 12-04-2017 05:29 PM

Is the belt squealing or just letting out a chirp or squeak in a rhythmic fashion. If it is squealing then it is slipping on something which is not good, check each accesory and particularly your raw water pump. Its possible that a bearing is about to lock up. If it is just a chirp I have found that rust builds up on the various pulleys, particularly the smooth water circulator pump pulley where the back of the serp belt rides and causes a chirp or squeak. Sanding down and repainting the offending pulley face cured my 7.4 MPI.

cp55 12-10-2017 07:39 PM

I have a 2001 z302 also and have done quite a bit of work,, Congrats!!!