Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Z202 shabah

Introductions

Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #1

rhall2 is currently offline
My Year: 1998
My Model: Z202 Shabah
Gallery Images: 0

Send rhall2:
a Private Message

Default Z202 shabah

Just registered on this site to get a user manual for my 1998 Z202 Shabah boat so I can trouble shoot why some of my console gauges and functions on are not working , like running lights, but this site does not appear to offer that ability... am I wrong? Example, Fuel gage works but depth finder does not... Is there fuses I should not about or some master switch?
Thanks!
Firestone likes this.
  • Old 07-24-2017, 10:01 PM   #2

Firestone is currently offline
    My Year: 2000
    My Model: Z202
    My Engine: 5.7 MAG MPI, Alpha One

Send Firestone:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Z202 shabah

Welcome to the club. There is all kinds of good info to be found by searching the site. Owners manuals are VERY generic, but they are in contributing members area. I found the wiring harness diagrams and accessory manuals to be very helpful and the $15 a year goes to keep the site running. Depth finder flashes? Very common issue. I just found the issue with my running lights. The connection had come loose behind the circuit breakers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

- 2000 Mariah Shabah Z202, 5.7L MAG MPI, Alpha One
    Old 07-24-2017, 11:03 PM   #3

pllevine is currently offline
    My Model: 202 Shabah
    My Engine: 5.0L Alpha

Send pllevine:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhall2 View Post
    Just registered on this site to get a user manual for my 1998 Z202 Shabah boat so I can trouble shoot why some of my console gauges and functions on are not working , like running lights, but this site does not appear to offer that ability... am I wrong? Example, Fuel gage works but depth finder does not... Is there fuses I should not about or some master switch?

Thanks!

Hi there and welcome to the group. I think that we all expected there to be a Chilton Manual that says "Mariah 202 Shabah" but there isn't. That is exactly why we all discuss issues with our Mariah Boats on here. Because the best source of information to solve a problem are the other Mariah owners that religiously hang out and check this forum frequently. And speak up if we can assist another Mariah Owner. Let's face it.... you can't call the factory for help and you best learn how to get your hands dirty or have a "boatload of money" to throw into that Mariah. The owner's manual goes like this.... "Hello and thank you for purchasing your Mariah Boat. It goes in the water and floats. There are buoys. Don't run over the buoys. There are swimmers and other boats. Don't run over the swimmers or into other boats. And most of all, don't kill yourself or drown with our Mariah Boat."....
    Any particular info that you need, there are reaaalllly smart people on here, right Mikey?
    He's a really smart guy..... No, really.... he just gets tired of saying the same thing over and over when it is well documented in the "Stickies".... MikeyT likes the stickies....

Anyway, if you need some help with the depth finder, I changed mine over to a Faria and replaced the transducer... Works great now. And when my 202 emerges from the upholstery shop, I will finish up the extra courtesy lights that I am installing....
    Have a good one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firestone likes this.
    Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 AM   #4

rhall2 is currently offline
    My Model: Z202 Shabah

Send rhall2:
    a Private Message

Thanks for the reply...

With so many of my gauges working okay, like the gas gauge, speedometer, docking lights, etc but others not working, like the running lights, bilge pump, radio, etc, I thought maybe there was an electrical issue like fuses or a master switch that I wasn't aware of... is there?
    Thanks
    Old 07-25-2017, 12:27 AM   #5

pllevine is currently offline
    My Model: 202 Shabah
    My Engine: 5.0L Alpha

Send pllevine:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhall2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply...

With so many of my gauges working okay, like the gas gauge, speedometer, docking lights, etc but others not working, like the running lights, bilge pump, radio, etc, I thought maybe there was an electrical issue like fuses or a master switch that I wasn't aware of... is there?

Thanks

The Bilge pump has two switches. One is the float switch in the bilge next to the pump and the second is on the dash as an override. The bilge is wired directly to the battery. Even if the master battery switch is off, the bilge pump still works.
    The running lights turn on from the rotary switch next to the key. It has a fuse.
    I think you need a Digital Volt Meter to test for power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk