The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New owner (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/11524-new-owner.html)

Mike lar 06-08-2017 10:25 PM

New owner

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any info on ordering parts for my Mariah Z245? I must have called at least 10 marinas in my area and no one can find me a sock docklight. I'm also having trouble with my harbor light. Every time I hit the switch the cuircut blows and I can't find a short anywhere. Anyone think it's the switch and if so where can I find one. Thanks so much!!

Firestone 06-08-2017 10:32 PM

Re: New owner

Search the forum I just saw it a week or so ago. You can get the at O'Reilly for $10.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Firestone 06-08-2017 10:33 PM

You can get rocker switches off amazon. But you need to know the #of throws and # of pulls.

pllevine 06-09-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 62579)
You can get rocker switches off amazon. But you need to know the #of throws and # of pulls.

Poles and Throws.....
Single Pole Single Throw (SPST)
Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT)
Double Pole Single Throw (DPST)
Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSBRose21 07-20-2017 02:41 AM

Congrats on the boat! We keeping looking for one of these boats.

Mike lar 07-20-2017 03:35 PM

Thanks! We definitely got lucky!!!

Brian Belcher 07-20-2017 06:39 PM

we call that style switch an ARB switch. But, you can get the rocker switch from any auto parts store BUT YOU NEED a high amperage one. I've never noticed any relays under the dash so get a high amperage. Than you can pop your original rocker cover with MARIAH printed on it and put it on your new rocker body.
Pull the black wire off the switch to disable the backlight and see if it still pops the fuse. If it does, your problem is NOT the switch. You removed the only thing that it could ground to inside the switch. Your problem is down stream of the switch.
Check the plug in's at the light itself. Unplug the lights and turn the switch on. If the fuse pops, your problem is in the wiring to the light, which I doubt.

pllevine 07-22-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Belcher (Post 63328)
we call that style switch an ARB switch. But, you can get the rocker switch from any auto parts store BUT YOU NEED a high amperage one. I've never noticed any relays under the dash so get a high amperage. Than you can pop your original rocker cover with MARIAH printed on it and put it on your new rocker body.

Pull the black wire off the switch to disable the backlight and see if it still pops the fuse. If it does, your problem is NOT the switch. You removed the only thing that it could ground to inside the switch. Your problem is down stream of the switch.

Check the plug in's at the light itself. Unplug the lights and turn the switch on. If the fuse pops, your problem is in the wiring to the light, which I doubt.

Hey Brian.... I always thought that they called them Carling switches.... hmmmm.... ARB, huh? I learn something new every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johuyu 07-22-2017 02:44 PM

Try to post in right section or search there.

Brian Belcher 07-23-2017 05:14 PM

Wait !! I'm misleading you !! That is NOT what they're called, it's a nickname we rock crawlers call them. We didn't know they existed till ARB locking differentials started including them. Sorry for the misleading !
So, I didn't know that was their name so I learned something today