The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Hello from Southern Illinois (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/11250-hello-southern-illinois.html)

ASchlem 01-23-2017 12:46 AM

Hello from Southern Illinois

2 Attachment(s)
Purchased a Z250 last summer. My wife and I have had several boats over the years and can both agree this is our favorite.

MTH 01-24-2017 07:52 PM

Re: Hello from Southern Illinois

Beautiful boat, congrats!

chuse927 01-24-2017 09:19 PM

I am about to become the proud owner of a 95 272z. I am from Central IL maybe we will run into each other on Shelbyville this summer.

ASchlem 01-24-2017 11:30 PM

My friend has a 272z and its a awsome boat. We spend a lot of our time at Rend and Kinkaid lakes. I would like to try Shelbyville some time this summer.

chuse927 01-25-2017 10:20 AM

Rend sounds good. Maybe i'll run into you there. I'm in normal so that's a hike for me. The area looks really nice I've only been there once to visit the community college there.

ASchlem 01-25-2017 04:30 PM

Rend offers many amenities, the resort has ton's of ramps and curtsey slips. To me this means I can get out of the wind when loading and unloading by my self. General store that sells ice cream on the water ( great for when the kids start to wine :) and the boatels-- rooms with a slip. They have a good restaurant/bar, banquet hall, cabins, hotels and camping. It's a real nice set up.

ShabahZ280 01-26-2017 04:06 PM

Welcome to the MOC ASchlem, and Chuse927!

Nice looking boat ASchlem! Had one just like it! You'll really enjoy it on the inland lakes! :wink_thumbup:

And Chuse927, congrats on your "new" Z272! the Z272 is an awesome boat as well, she was the flagship of the Mariah fleet back in the mid 90's, and reportedly (from previous factory employees), one of the toughest boats built during that time period.

Are you guys are familiar with Mariah and the late Jimmy Fulks's history with Southern Illinois? Mariah even used to test their boats at Rend, and the aquatics center at Rend Lake College is named after Jimmy Fulks, founder of Mariah... If you wanted to know more, feel free to read up here!

chuse927 01-26-2017 04:34 PM

Thanks for that info. I got some history from the dealer but I am very interested in more. I'm glad to hear it's a quality boat. I am so looking forward to warm weather now.

ASchlem 01-26-2017 04:35 PM

When I started the quest for another boat I didn't know much about Mariah. It was seeing mine for the first time that sold me on the quality of there product. I met a couple former employees from the Benton plant at Rend Lake, having the opportunity to listen to them talk about there contribution and to see the pride they took in there work is when I knew I had the best boat on the lake. It was an amazing feeling for me to know these guys and galls cared and were very proud of there American made product.
P.S. I did get a business card for one of the guys that did the upholstery for Mariah. He has a upholstery business in the Benton area. I can share the info if you like

chuse927 01-26-2017 04:46 PM

Yes if you could share the info that would be great. Sun deck is going to need replacement upholstery at some point soon and probably the back seat too.