The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   First time boat owner and newb here! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/11075-first-time-boat-owner-newb-here.html)

Leigh Anne 08-18-2016 01:54 PM

First time boat owner and newb here!

Hello everyone! I am a first time boat owner. I have lived on Lake Ontario for a year now and have been searching for a boat. I fell in love with the 1995 Mariah Talari the minute they took the cover off and I stepped in to it. :D

Being a new boat owner so far has been quite the experience. I bought it 3 weeks ago. My first time out on the boat was so much fun. I took it out into Lake Ontario and had a blast. My second time out I wasn't so lucky :rolling_laugh: I was in a bay and ran into rocks.....I had to have it fixed and I just got it back yesterday.

I have a ton of questions as I know nothing I mean nothing about boats.

I don't know if I should ask here or not but I was wondering when they fixed it I said to go over the whole boat and get it in tip top shape. When I picked it up they said I had major cracking underneath that would have to be fixed over the winter....in the mean time they gel coated and said they took care of the wreckage I had caused? But my bilge is taking in water when out on the lake? Is this normal or do you think I have a leak?

The place I took it to have fixed did a really bad job with the other things I wanted done. I am wondering if they did a bad job fixing the bottom of the boat too. :shakehead:

I won't go into the rest of the all the questions I have yet there are just so many :rolling_laugh:

I am really happy to be here and glad that I found this forum.....:wink_thumbup:

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Firestone 08-18-2016 07:17 PM

Re: First time boat owner and newb here!

Welcome to the club. Wow what a crazy start. You should not be taking on water. That is not normal. Cracking? Ouch. Note sure I am sure others will chime in.

Leigh Anne 08-18-2016 08:48 PM

Re: First time boat owner and newb here!

Hi Firestone thanks so much for the reply...I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get any with 23 views on this thread and not one Hi :rolling_laugh:

Yes I have experience quite a bit in just 3 weeks but even with having to get it fixed so soon I just love my boat!

I do have an update...I spoke to the owner of the shop where they were fixing my boat. It may just be a bad hose causing the water build up in the bilge so they are going to check that out for me and get it fixed right....at least I hope they do this time!

As far as the bottom of the boat cracking the owner said that isn't happening so I am good to go with that problem.

I will at some point have the boat all done up and repainted.

Thank you again for replying I really appreciate it.

Now I am off to look for a new ladder.....I don't like the one it came with and I need a CD player....I don't have any cassettes........;)

Have a great night Firestone!