The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New Member and maybe a Mariah Owner 2morrow (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/10993-new-member-maybe-mariah-owner-2morrow.html)

cvking 07-22-2016 12:07 AM

New Member and maybe a Mariah Owner 2morrow

4 Attachment(s)
Hi guys I've been reading threw the forum and I found the buying tips. But im looking for opions on a 1994 Shabah 202 with a 4.3 Volvo Penta Duo drive. It seems to be in great shape by the pictures with a new interior this year. Hull could probably stand a waxing but it looks great. I didn't know much about the Mariah brand but I have been researching all day and haven't found very many negative anything's. So what should I be on the lookout for? The boat is about 2 hours away from me and owner says the speedometer is the only gauge that doesn't work everything else is mechanically sound. I just don't want to get there and over look something and I got him down to 4600 with a 98 model double axle trailer. Does this sound like a fair deal? It isn't much under Nada value but after researching these boats it seems like a steal. Thanks for any input I really need it.

Firestone 07-22-2016 04:51 PM

Re: New Member and maybe a Mariah Owner 2morrow

Look like a nice boat and the price seams fair as long as the hull and motor are in good shape

Firestone 07-22-2016 04:53 PM

Fyi the speedo gauges are notorious for not working. It might just be plugged since they work on water pressure from an inlet on the outdrive. Check the feeds for more information.

scaverly 07-23-2016 12:32 AM

cvking . if you take compressed air and push it thru the small opening on the from side lower on the outdrive , the gauge should move , if not you may have an obstruction in that opening or the hose is plugged somewhere else. On the leading edge of that drive you will see the actual hose exit about 5 inches higher , take it off and do the same test , you will then know if it is the drive or the speedo .

Shawn

Hunter12345 07-23-2016 05:05 PM

Lol! Does it come with that massive subwoofer under the drive console? Nice looking boat, your going to like that duo drive!

1998 shabah 180
5.7l 350 mag
Bravo III

Firestone 07-24-2016 03:15 AM

Lol I was at Lake Powell in the early 90's and saw a boat with 2 big speakers mounted back at the water skiier. Little did I know they were a trend setter and every wake boat now has them. Let that big old sub rock!

cvking 07-24-2016 03:41 PM

Hey guys thanks for the opinions. Lol and yeah it has a sub but it's been relocated to the engine compartment in the rear. Sounds great I might add. So we bought the boat carried it out yesterday runs great. I do have a few other questions tho. When we get up around 3500 rpms just crusing across the water it sometimes gets to leaning to the right in the water and we were loaded evenly in the boat. Any ideas or is this just something that happens? also in the engine compartment my bilge pump kicks on quite a bit like ever 30 mins or so. I've looked but can't see where water is coming in from the inside but on the back between drive and the hull the there's what looks like a flex pipe that is broke could that be my leak? Sorry for all the questions but this seems to be the go to place for all things Mariah.

Firestone 07-24-2016 04:43 PM

Yeah I would check the water issue out in detail. My bilge pump almost never comes on. Not sure on the leaning but there are many different things that could cause it. Is it only at 3500 rpg? What speed?

cvking 07-25-2016 04:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok guys I went out again today and did some looking and found that the ujoint bellow is broken. What is involved with changing this out? Also I'm seeing that I'm probably gonna need to change the gimbal bearing and ujoint correct? Anything else I should be looking for?