Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New member, close to buying

Introductions

Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #1

Calakeboater is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 0

Send Calakeboater:
a Private Message

Default New member, close to buying

Glad to be aboard. The main reason I became a member was I am close to buying a 1995 Z-212, That reads like this.

Like brand new only 128 original hours. Original owner who rarely used the boat. This 21'2" Mariah Shabah Z-212 is in excellent condition. Not only are the hours extremly low, the boat has been pampered. The boat has always been garaged and only used in fresh water. It is equipped with a 5.7 Mercrusier V8 engine and an Alph One Stern Drive sporting a Stainless Steel Prop. The boat is excellent for water skiing as well as fishing thanks to a MinKota Stern drive trolling motor (mounted on the outdrive). It has removable full canvas with side and rear windows. It also comes with a separate Bimini Top that is great for just keeping the sun off. Special equipment includes a JVC Stereo System, Depth Finder, Fish Finder, Magellan GPS,40 channel CB Radio and much more. It rides on a Custom Zieman Trailer with surge brakes and Sport Tandum Wheels

Any feed back would be appriciated. Iv'e recently learned about Mariah boats but would like to learn more. Attached is a picture, (one of four iv'e seen) all the pictures indicate it well taken care of. Thanks any feedback is welcome.

Ron.......Calakeboater
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z212 Boat.jpg (9.0 KB, 43 views)
  • Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #2

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

Ron, Welcome to the board! Sounds like you've found a great boat! If you've got more pics of it, post them up so we can all check it out...

How much are they asking for it?
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #3

Find me on the Map

Send Calakeboater:
    a Private Message

I'll post more pictures when I recieve them. I'm going to look at the Boat today 2/7 to get a better look. He's asking 14,500 I was thinking more like 13,500 but am new to Mariah Boats and there values. Does this price sound fair or is it a little high? Seemd like a spotless boat with extras. Any input would sure help.

Ron.....CalakeBoater
    Old 05-08-2008, 03:59 AM   #4

Find me on the Map

Send Calakeboater:
    a Private Message

Here is an update on my boat purchase. (If anybody cares) I am the new Proud owner of a 1995 Z212 Shabau that was well taken care of it appears. (128hrs) Iv'e learned about Mariah boats via this website and found your guys info very valuable, Thanks. I will follow up with some pictures of the boat later. I feel fortunate that the Boat I found was only 45min away from my Northern Ca home. Some of your stories about traveling 2400 to 3000 miles hopefully tells me these Boats are worth getting, but wont complain about my 45 min drive. I plan on using the Boat with my Family (wife and two twin boys 8) for some Sking, Fishing and just some plain old floating and having fun. Any comments or feed back is welcome. I look forward to being a member and contributing what I can. Thanks Again.

Ron............CalakeBoater

Last edited by Calakeboater; 05-08-2008 at 04:05 AM.
    Old 05-08-2008, 04:13 AM   #5

indykoch is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z212 Shabah
    My Engine: 350 Magnum Alpha One
    Gallery Images: 18

Send indykoch:
    a Private Message

Welcome and congrats! Sounds like a great boat! I'm a little partial to the 212's for some reason !!! Can't wait to see the pics.
    Currently - '07 Ebbtide 2600 CBR
    Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #6

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Calakeboater View Post
    Here is an update on my boat purchase. (If anybody cares) I am the new Proud owner of a 1995 Z212 Shabau that was well taken care of it appears. (128hrs) Iv'e learned about Mariah boats via this website and found your guys info very valuable, Thanks. I will follow up with some pictures of the boat later. I feel fortunate that the Boat I found was only 45min away from my Northern Ca home. Some of your stories about traveling 2400 to 3000 miles hopefully tells me these Boats are worth getting, but wont complain about my 45 min drive. I plan on using the Boat with my Family (wife and two twin boys 8) for some Sking, Fishing and just some plain old floating and having fun. Any comments or feed back is welcome. I look forward to being a member and contributing what I can. Thanks Again.

Ron............CalakeBoater

Ahoy Ron,

45 min drive, man, am I jealous! I’m one of those “drove way out there” guys getting our Talari…..

Anyway, congratulation on becoming a Mariah owner and it’s great to have another Californian aboard! From your description and the one picture, your 1995 Z212 Shabah sounds and looks great. Can’t wait for more pictures!

I see from your profile, it says you do the delta and lakes in Northern Ca, are we talking about the SF bay area or farther north and what lakes do you play in?

Oh, before I forget, we have a Member Map, so when you have some time, stick your pin on it. Here's a tutorial on adding your pin: Click here

Lastly, we have a growing library of manuals, brochures, wiring diagrams, and all sorts of information relevant to Mariah, the stern drives and equipment. All of these are available to our contributing members. So if you're interested, click here to see what each level has to offer.

If you need any help getting around the Forum, just PM me,
    WetWilly
    Old 05-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #7

Find me on the Map

Send Calakeboater:
    a Private Message

Wetwilly: SF Bay area, Contra Costa County. I live in the Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek/Mtz area to be exact. As far as boating areas the Delta area from Rio Vista or so a little bit north to Tracy in the south. Lakes, New Melonnes, Union Valley Res off Ice house rd off Hwy 50 to name a few. Any recommendations. We like general boating, tubing, sking, floating/swimming and some lite fishing. Thanks for any input from a fellow Californian. Pictures to follow soon. Cant wait for its (mine) first voyage.

Take Care..................CalakeBoater
    Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #8

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Hi CalakeBoater,

Sounds like we're not too far apart. I'm over in West Contra Costa County between HWYs 80 and 24.

We normally water play and camp at Lake Berryessa, Mendocino and Shasta thou Shasta is a bit far (about a 4+ hour drive) and fish at San Pablo Reservoir and in the Bay, by the Pump House, Twin Sisters, China beach and even the GG Bridge towers. Since acquiring our Mariah, we've been keeping to fresh water for play, but I would like to explore the delta more. Years ago I used to boat around Discovery Bay.

Been looking at Lake Oroville and Don Pedro, any info on these two?

Thanks,
    WetWilly