Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Question

Introductions

Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Travis is currently offline
My Year: 2005
My Engine: 4.3
Gallery Images: 0

Send Travis:
a Private Message

Default Question

I am trying to locate an owners manual or a parts list for my boat. Specifically, I am missing a toggle switch on my console and have no idea what it controls. Also my speedometer and trim gages do not work as well. Any suggestions other then taking the boat to a shop and paying someone else to fix something I would rather do myself. Thanks
  • Old 07-31-2015, 01:42 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Question

Ahhh... the 'Search' function that few ever bother to use. Top right corner of your screen.

The almost daily "where can i find a manual" question. PLEASE READ THE STICKYS AT THE TOP OF THE INTRODUCTION FORUM.

"Parts lists" dont exist for boats, particularly these boats as both the original Mariah and the Sea-Fox Mariah are no longer made.

As for the toggle switch, there are probably 20 or 30 of them in various configurations. Can u be a little more specific? Like maybe a pic of where the switch is located? And most of all, tell us what boat you have. If its one of the Sea-Fox Mariahs you may have to wait for an owner of one of those boats to help you out. I'm only familiar with the original Mariahs.

As for the trim switch, please read the STICKYS at the top of the Maintenance forum

The speedo issue. If you use the Search function ('speedo') you will find a number of threads discussing that issue. But i'll give you some quick things to check. Most likely the speedo tube pickup is blocked on your outdrive. Easiest way to check is to disconnect the plastic tube from the back of your speedo gauge, attached a small air compressor to the tube and blow it backwards towards the outdrive. That should dislodge any blockage. It will also show you exactly where the pickup tube is located on the front of your outdrive. DO NOT BLOW AIR INTO THE SPEEDO GAUGE!

Last edited by mikeyt; 07-31-2015 at 01:50 AM.