The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Captains Choice out of commission (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/8586-captains-choice-out-commission.html)

nonwin1973 07-30-2013 10:43 PM

Captains Choice out of commission

I have a 1995 Shabah Z212 with factory thru hull captain's choice exhaust. The button lights up when turned to the "on" position, but no rumble thru the pipes, (very upsetting). Any ideas on how to fix? is there a fuse that could be blown? Someone please tell me it's just a fuse, that would make my day. The thru hull exhaust worked up until two weeks ago when I took the z212 to Saranac Lake in New York, Where I did meet up with two other Mariahans. (Hey guys !!! if you happen to see this thread). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ColoradoDiablo 07-30-2013 11:31 PM

Re: Captains Choice out of commission

If the switch lights up , fuse(if it even has one) is good.
Do you have power at the diverters?
Check all connections and clean them , if you have power going to the solenoid , then the solenoid is dead.
HERE is a testing procedure for testing the solenoids.

I bet you have a wiring connection problem if both are not opening or closing. Somewhere between the switch and the solenoids.:(

nonwin1973 07-31-2013 12:45 PM

Thanks C.D.

raulston88 07-31-2013 02:05 PM

Agreed, must be a connection issue, since both stopped working. I guess it's possible both gave out at the same time, but seems unlikely.
FYI, the previous owner of my boat had both solenoids replaced by his marina last year, it was about $800 to do both of them. Hopefully you don't have to go that route...

Shane.walker11 07-31-2013 03:40 PM

Captains Choice out of commission

I want to do the captains choice to my 95 shabah 202... Does that mean that you have the option of running the captains choice or running the exhaust through the lower unit? I was under the assumption that when you do captains choice that, thats what exhaust runs all the time and there is no switching back and forth. Thanks.

ColoradoDiablo 07-31-2013 03:44 PM

You can run either thru hull or thru prop with a flip of the switch. :)

raulston88 07-31-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane.walker11 (Post 47527)
I want to do the captains choice to my 95 shabah 202... Does that mean that you have the option of running the captains choice or running the exhaust through the lower unit? I was under the assumption that when you do captains choice that, thats what exhaust runs all the time and there is no switching back and forth. Thanks.

It allows switching between current exhaust, and the hull though exhaust, via solenoids that open and close the hull through exhaust.

Dredd 07-31-2013 07:54 PM

Hence the, "Choice" part. :)

luke7575 07-31-2013 09:38 PM

Be carefull it was not made to go full throttle thru the hull, if u do it will blow ur exhaust boots as there is too much heat not enough water going thru. Corsa sells the rebuild kit, i just paid 190 for it.

Mine would work but only one side the flap had broken inside. and was just laying in there