The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   How do i Access the fuse block (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/8072-how-do-i-access-fuse-block.html)

CSofbuckeyelake 05-10-2013 12:55 PM

How do i Access the fuse block

I need to check my fuses, and am looking for tips on how to get access. My Mariah Shabah 180 fuse block in under the dash in a vary difficult place to see or get to.
Is there a way to remove the bulkhead panel under the drivers console - by your knees and feet when sitting ? I see a decorative screw cover- upholstery button on that bulkhead on the right side but nothing on the left side.
Any other tips ? What is the trick? ( Besides finding a mechanic the size of a GI Joe doll) .
Thanks

mikeyt 05-10-2013 01:58 PM

Re: How do i Access the fuse block

My 180 has 2 screws in the kick panel so they are there somewhere. The 2nd screw may be in the carpeting and hard to see. It's pissin' rain here right now or i would go out and look for you.
Once that kick panel is out of the way then its simply a matter of laying on your back with a flashlight stuck in your mouth, a life jacket under your head for a pillow and your legs/feet draped over the drivers seat leaving two hands free to reach the fuse block..... trust me on this, its not a sight for the faint of heart. :D

Your fuse block probably looks like this:

CSofbuckeyelake 05-10-2013 02:31 PM

Thanks Mikey, Thats kind of what i thought- getting the kickplate off is the first step. Hope my wife doesnt film me in the 'sight not for the faint of heart-haha. It will be on facebook.

Im trying to troubleshoot why my lights don't work- the bulb seems fins and connections look good. Hoping its only a blown fuse.
Thanks for the advice. :wink_thumbup:

Andy b 05-10-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 43872)
Your fuse block probably looks like this:

wow look at that, are glass fuses common place over your side mikey?

mikeyt 05-10-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 43880)
wow look at that, are glass fuses common place over your side mikey?

I dont think so on newer boats. I know my '92 Stingray had glass fuses too so i still have a good selection of them hanging around.

mikeyt 05-10-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSofbuckeyelake (Post 43875)
Thanks Mikey, Thats kind of what i thought- getting the kickplate off is the first step. Hope my wife doesnt film me in the 'sight not for the faint of heart-haha. It will be on facebook.

Im trying to troubleshoot why my lights don't work- the bulb seems fins and connections look good. Hoping its only a blown fuse.
Thanks for the advice. :wink_thumbup:

If its a blown fuse there has to be a cause somewhere. I would suggest pulling wire connections & cleaning them also.

Andy b 05-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 43883)
I dont think so on newer boats. I know my '92 Stingray had glass fuses too so i still have a good selection of them hanging around.

my 2001 has blade fuses so they must have made the change prior to that.
can't see something like that being EU special.

porker 08-04-2017 05:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but even though the info above helped me get my kick plate off, it was much harder to locate the screws than I ever imagined. All the screw heads appeared to be under the carpet, so I slit the carpet in various places until finally being able to feel the screw heads. In my case I had 3 hidden screws that had to be removed to get the panel out and access my fuse block/horn.

Hopefully this picture can help someone if they get as frustrated as I was and begin searching this site for hints.