The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Auxilary Trailering/Trim Switch (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/7355-auxilary-trailering-trim-switch.html)

Andy b 01-27-2013 05:16 PM

Re: Auxilary Trailering/Trim Switch

1 Attachment(s)
Fitted mine today,
there didn't appear to be any wiring in place but to be honest I wasn’t in the mood to open up the loom under there to hunt for it.
Instead I wired it up from behind the throttle lever.

Already proving to be a handy addition to the boat

garyg 01-31-2013 06:35 AM

I have a factory installed trim up and down switch.you can see it in the gallery under 2000 gary g z 272 .the switch is on the left side by the 11o volt shore power outlet,left of the boarding ladder .it works great if you want lower or raise the lower unit without going back to the control panel. Thats my 2 cents worth. Gary g:):):)

Txtruckerpaul 02-23-2014 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Larry,
I just put a remote tilt switch on my talari this past week. Doesnt look like your diablo has a shower/washdown panel, but that is where i mounted my switch. Its just a simple on/off/on momentary with a waterproof boot that fits over the toggle. havent checked to see if i had an existing wire harness for it though. i run three wires to it from the tilt pump. one is hot, and the other two go to the two solenoids that power the pump up and down, probably the same way as jarwiebe did . total cost was around 9 bucks.

mikeyt 02-23-2014 03:40 PM

Lets see a pic or a drawing of exactly how you connected the remote switch?

Txtruckerpaul 02-23-2014 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ok Mikey, here are a couple of pics of my connections. I cant really get a good pic of my pump since it's tucked away in the engine compartment and dark, but here is a pic of a pump similar mine. to the left of the pump are two small solenoids mounted to the braket that also supports the pump. the look like miniatures of the old style car starter solenoids. in the second pic, you will see the solenoid itself. the two big lugs will face towards you as you look at the front of the pump. either above or underneath these two lugs are two smaller ones. since mine has the smaller lugs below the big ones, I made my connection to the small right hand lug. If yours has the small lugs above the big one, connect to the left one. cant remember which solendoid is for up or down, but wouldnt be hard to figure out once you get it all hooked up. In case the up position on the switch makes it go down, swap the connections on the switch. I ran a hot wire from my switch to the power supply connection on the pump. pretty simple hookup

mikeyt 02-23-2014 07:24 PM

Excellent. Easy way to remember the solenoid up-down wiring is Blue = sky = up and Green= grass = down.

ColoradoDiablo 02-24-2014 03:53 PM

Nice job Paul.
I sure like having mine. Saves my butt crawling in and out at every boat check point.:wink_thumbup:

Txtruckerpaul 02-24-2014 04:54 PM

That's a good way to remember the wires, Mikey. Larry, I had to come up with something. That heaving myself over the side of a tall boat on a trailer to hit the tilt button was getting painful!

ColoradoDiablo 02-24-2014 05:06 PM

I know exactly what you mean Paul!:wink_thumbup:

Andy b 02-24-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo (Post 50828)
I know exactly what you mean Paul!:wink_thumbup:

+1 too that Sir :yes_grin: