The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Not Working (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/5860-not-working.html)

cardz826 07-14-2011 12:57 PM

Not Working

Just picked up my 97 211 SE Talari last weekend and I am just about done with the detailing. Once that is complete I will be posting pictures. My next problem is I noticed that the blower and the horn are not working. Every other swith (docking lights, courtesy lights, bilge, etc...) works except for those two. Is there a fuse box on the boat that a fuse could have possibly blown or is there something else I should check. PLEASE HELP!!!!! My wife and I would like to take the boat out this weekend but with no blower or horn Im not so sure its a good idea. More so the blower. Any help that can be provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Snoopinrob 07-14-2011 04:35 PM

Re: Not Working

Try looking for the fuse breaker panel up under the driver's console, on my 1996 Shabah Z200 it's on the side panel down low on the right. If it popped a fuse/circuit a white tab will be sticking out and just push it or them back in to reset the breaker, I'd look there first if you haven't already. If everything is good there I'd start checking the wiring connections at the blower switch and the horn. I'm no expert but hope this helps some! Good luck!:)

darkcalling 07-14-2011 05:33 PM

Yes like Snoop sad I woud check that panel first then the switch while your under there. Then the wires at the blower as I am not to familiar with Mariahs yet but I had the one come off the blower it self on my other boat, and on the other boat my horn packed it in.

cardz826 07-14-2011 11:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I found the fuse box and sure enough 2 blown fuses. They r replaced and both work great. Thanks again?

Snoopinrob 07-15-2011 03:11 PM

That's great, I hoped it was something simple! Glad you're up and going for this weekend! Enjoy your new boat!:wink_thumbup:

SEMIJim 07-16-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardz826 (Post 31034)
Thanks for the help. I found the fuse box and sure enough 2 blown fuses. They r replaced and both work great. Thanks again?

Were they actually blown, or were the contacts just oxidized? We had two or three things that didn't work on Shazaam! when we first got her. (The interior lights and bilge pump for sure. Maybe one other thing.) All I had to do was pull all the fuses (during which I took the opportunity to catalog them), clean them and the fuse holders, put them all back and everything worked.

Jim

cardz826 07-18-2011 11:51 AM

Sorry for the delayed response SEMIJim. The fuses were actually blown, the contacts were broken. Just popped them out, popped 2 new ones back in (horn and blower) and I was back in business. Had a GREAT weekend and I absolutely love the boat.