The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   headlamp replacement???please help (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/2671-headlamp-replacement-please-help.html)

jaybee13 06-06-2009 04:30 AM

headlamp replacement???please help

I resently purchaced a 1992 2000z. One of my headlamps is out. Can anybody tell me how to get the bulbs out?? Also if anyone knows of blue halogens or leds that fit this application?

WetWilly 06-06-2009 01:00 PM

Re: headlamp replacement???please help

Hi jaybee13 and welcome to the club!

There is a lot on information compiled here on the forum and the best way to find what your looking for is to use the forum "search" function first.

Now for your questions, the lights you're referring to are called Docking Lights and they're made by Barnegatlt. To remove the bulb, access the back of the light fixtures through the anchor locker. You will see a "C" clamp holding the light assembly together, loosen the clamp, pull back and it all comes apart. After replacing the bulb, reverse the procedure to reassemble. Click here to see what it looks like disassembled.

For a replacement bulb, Click here and read this thread.

As for the "blue halogens or leds that fit this application", Barnegatlt doesn't list these options on their web site, but there are other manufactures that do make LED and Halogen Docking lights, just be prepared to fork out 5 or 6 bills for a set. :eek_animated:

Good luck,
WetWilly

jaybee13 06-06-2009 10:34 PM

Thanks so much for the reply! before I posted this reply I tried what you said, I loosed the c clamp and started to slide the rear peice off. However I could only slide it about a 1/4", then i was twistin a bit and pulling as hard as I could, i thought I might possibly break it, so I quit. Thanks again! Appreciate the help!!!

ShabahZ280 06-07-2009 12:33 PM

Nope, mine gave me the same trouble when I removed them too. I didn't replace them or anything, I just wanted to see if the bulbs could be replaced by themselves. In the owners manual for the lights, it says they can be, but I'm not sure how.

Also, one thing to check before you try and replace the bulb, check the connections. Since they're stored in the anchor locker, it can get a little damp in there, and your connections could be a bit corroded. It might be that your wiring connectors just need to be cleaned off. :)

300sflyer 06-08-2009 11:02 PM

I had to replace both of my bulbs as well. To remove the old ones, got some warm soapy water and this helped remove the old ones from the rubber sleeve. They are really tight in there! One of them was really stubborn coming out, so I just ending up smashing the bulb. :yes_grin: That worked well too.;)

Again, warm [helps soften the rubber] soapy water worked great to put the new ones back in.

Hope that helps.