The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Passenger dash makes squeaky noise (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/2625-passenger-dash-makes-squeaky-noise.html)

Vacation Dave 05-29-2009 02:59 PM

Passenger dash makes squeaky noise

Over the years I had some clips fall off under the dash structure. I didn't know where they they went under the dash. Obviously, they had something to do with supporting the dash structure. I saved the clips in a plastic bag.

I now have a squeaky noise coming from the where the entire passenger side dash structure wraps around and meets the gunwale.

My question is, "Is there a schematic for attaching this dash with these clips and the position of the nuts and bolts". Basically this would be from the original dash structure assembly/ installation drawings.

I have a 1995 Z220 Talari.

Thanks Dave

indykoch 05-30-2009 05:17 AM

Re: Passenger dash makes squeaky noise

Do you have pictures of these "clips"?

Z 202 05-31-2009 03:14 PM

Have a look at: Can anyone ID this part?

jimshabbah 06-01-2009 02:29 PM

I recently redid the entire interior of my boat and removed the dashes and had them re-painted. Those 'clips' look like the spacers or 'washers' that were used to bolt the dash to the fiberglass from underneath. If you have found them loose on the floor, I would suspect that a bolt or two have worked themselves loose from the dash. That would certainly explain the squeaks.

Hopefully the threads aren't stripped, and you can just replace the bolt. On my Z222 I think there were 6 or 7 bolts per dash. Some bolts required more 'clips' than others. I think I had anywhere from 3 to 6 clips per bolt.

Good luck.

mikeyt 06-01-2009 10:48 PM

I had to reinstall a couple of mine that had worked their way loose over time. Just be careful that you dont overtighten them or you can crack the dash mounting points.

Vacation Dave 06-04-2009 11:20 PM

Thank you all! Good information as usual.

Z202's picture of the clip is right on:wink_thumbup:

I looked nder the dash some time ago and saw exactly what the threads back last August, 2008 discussed.

Unfortunately, getting to the bolt posts takes a bit of a contortionist. i figure I'll need to use a flexible drill shaft to tighten the nuts down.

Thanks for the heads up on the nylon bolts and caution to be used while tightening.

Dave

Vacation Dave 06-04-2009 11:22 PM

Thank you all! Good information as usual.

Z202's picture of the clip is right on:wink_thumbup: I also looked-up the thread back in August, 2008 discussions. Again, great info.

I looked under the dash some time ago and have forgotten where I had some missing.

Unfortunately, getting to the bolt posts takes a bit of a contortionist. I figure I'll need to use a flexible drill shaft to tighten the nuts down.

Thanks for the heads up on the nylon bolts and caution to be used while tightening.

Dave