The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Magic Erasers (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/253-magic-erasers.html)

180diablo 08-28-2007 02:15 PM

I have some " Slimy Grimy " spray stuff that I still have to get around to using on my vinyl. Mostly its the bow seats that are a bit funky looking. But after reading the posts, I may have to get the erasers!

Project this long weekend ...... to work on my boat !

180diablo 10-01-2007 02:54 PM

Wow .. they do work!

My girlfriend and I tried out a package of the "normal" Magic Erasers on the weekend ... :eek_animated: ... the dirt/grime that was coming up was crazy!

We scrubbed the cup holder shelf areas and wow, they came out white again. We had thought they were already white enough.. NOPE ... whiter now!.

Ski locker .. omg.. it attacked it and it is "almost" new looking again.

Under dash speaker wall ... above the speakers had some grime... not anymore!

Fenders ... I have new ones again! Get this, when they were rubbing up against the dock in the slip.. they were actually squeaking!

Side vinyl clear windows ... They are actually clean and clear again. No more mould spots on them.

Bow seats .... well the erasers were no match for the grime on there. Slimy Grimy spray wouldnt even remove the stains. So it seems like they are permanent.

I was definately impressed with the outcome. However, we ran out of time for giving the vinyl a coat of protectant. So we may head north again to do some more cleaning. I would also like to inspect the hull for any damage.

Thanks for the tip Moondance!

Z275 10-01-2007 06:23 PM

I found the magic erasers especially usefull on fiberglass. On a few areas where encounters with the dock left plastic/rubber residue on the hull the erasers took it right off with little effort. Also on my swim deck there are some scratches that always retain dirt that no amount of scrubbing would ever get out. The erases cleaner it perfectly in one pass and you can't even see the scratches now.
Pretty amazing cleaning tool!

Z 202 10-01-2007 09:56 PM

Yeah they work great on just about everything. I had spots on the fiberglass where the cockpit cover snaps are located along the top of the swim platform. Scrubbing with all kinds of things didn't do much, but the erasers took them right off.

The wife as impressed with my handiwork on the interior. She claims I shaved several years off the boats "apparent age". :wink_thumbup:

moondance100 10-02-2007 12:31 AM

Maybe we could get some cash from Mr Clean for endorsements!

mikeyt 10-02-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 1793)
The wife as impressed with my handiwork on the interior. She claims I shaved several years off the boats "apparent age". :wink_thumbup:

Maybe i should try one of those erasers on my gray hair. Hopefully it will shave a fews years off my 'apparent age". :rolling_laugh:

180diablo 10-02-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z275 (Post 1786)
I found the magic erasers especially usefull on fiberglass. On a few areas where encounters with the dock left plastic/rubber residue on the hull the erasers took it right off with little effort. Also on my swim deck there are some scratches that always retain dirt that no amount of scrubbing would ever get out. The erases cleaner it perfectly in one pass and you can't even see the scratches now.
Pretty amazing cleaning tool!

Hmmm, I will have to take a lookie at those marks that I have on the lower hull portion as well. I know I have some marks similar to what you have.

180diablo 10-02-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 1802)
Maybe i should try one of those erasers on my gray hair. Hopefully it will shave a fews years off my 'apparent age". :rolling_laugh:

Well it worked for Mr. Clean ... dude has no hair ! :rolling_laugh:

dudders 10-08-2007 06:50 AM

Do they make magic erasers BIG enough to fix MikeyT's grey hair??:rolling_laugh:

180diablo 10-11-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudders (Post 1951)
Do they make magic erasers BIG enough to fix MikeyT's grey hair??:rolling_laugh:

http://www.justformen.com/home.shtml

:yes_grin::yes_grin: