Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Intermittent Electrical Problem

General Maintenance

Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #11

Z 202 is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 1995
My Model: Mariah Shabah 202
My Engine: 5.7L Alpha 1
Gallery Images: 6

Send Z 202:
a Private Message

Default Re: Intermittent Electrical Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stocklas View Post
I have same problem, where did you get new rocker switches from, can't seem to locate what I need for my Navigation light switch.
See this sticky thread in the Original Mariah forums: Mariah Parts List

About 1/3 of the way down the page you'll find links to the suppliers of the switches.

My Shabah is using what the hybrids are saving!
  • Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #12

jwpilger is currently offline
    My Model: 1990 1850XL 4.3L
    Gallery Images: 0

Send jwpilger:
    a Private Message

Custom Marine Supply (800) 992-7922. They are very knowledgeable and helpful.

A few of the switches needed to be replaced but the major problem was poor grounding. I ran a new ground wire and all worked well. You can check for ground wire problems with a basic voltmeter.

Good luck with replacing the switch. I took digital pictures of the switch before replacing to make sure the wires were reattached correctly.
    Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #13

SEMIJim is currently offline
    My Year: 1994
    My Model: 182 Barchetta
    My Engine: 4.3L Alpha 1 Gen. 2

Send SEMIJim:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barberw View Post
    I have been out in my boat the week end and had a intermittent elec problem. I have found that the fuse holders are not tight which is giving me this problem so i need to have a look closer or replace the fuse pannel
    My boat is a mariah 180 3.0l I dont know if this will help but might help others in the same sitch
    I realize this is a late follow-up to this poster's reported problem, but...

When we took delivery of our 1994 182 Barchetta, I found that neither the bilge pump nor the courtesy lights worked. Funny thing was: We were certain we had heard the bilge pump working when we first checked-out the boat and tested all the switches. A mystery, to be sure.

To cut to the chase: It turned out the problem was mildly-corroded fuses and fuse-holders. Just removing and re-inserting the fuses made everything work again.

What I did was remove all the fuses (carefully noting which fuse went in which position!), used a small electronics wire brush on each clip (carefully! One side of each of those fuse blocks goes right to the 12VDC buss!), then applying a product called DeOxIt, wipe, and finished-up by treating them with another product called ProGold. Problem solved.

Jim
    Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #14

95 Z240 Talari is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Model: 1995 Z240 Talari 7.4L Bravo I Merc

Send 95 Z240 Talari:
    a Private Message

I have recently been experiencing Intermittent Electrical Problems. There are times when I go to start it and with the Key on I have no 12 V power to my Dash Instruments and it does nothing. I checked the Deadmans Switch, OK, Shifted into and out of Gear etc. with no help. What I have found is that with a slight tap to the Face of the Throttle it immediately corrects this and powers up all instruments and it will start. (I have the 3000 Model Throttle Assy.) So I took the Panel off that the Throttle Assy mounts to thinking I would find a loose wire or a pinched/nicked wire but never did. Is it possible that I have a Kill switch or Neutral switch going bad, or do these typically just quit?
    The last 2 times out on the water while running at cruising speed I have momentarily lost all power (as noted by no power to Info center on Dash) only to have it pick right back up and continue running like nothing ever happened!!! Oh this is worse in rough/choppy conditions. Still sounds to me like a loose connection or nicked wire in the Throttle.

This winter I did have new stereo Installed and I initially thought they may have nicked a Ground Wire somewhere but I'm don't see how tapping the face of the Throttle would correct that.

Any thoughts?

Mike